More dumb questions:

lbranjord

Ok, so I have an EA that I'm trying to demo, it shows an 'x' and is not placing trades. Any ideas there?

Second question: getting TestGenerator: unmatched data error - i was just testing fine then I did something to beef it up. Anyone know the common causes for this?

Thanks, you guys are great!

Got it going-needed to turn it on in the Tools menu

still don't understand that Unmatched data error though

MetaTrader4? Hmm, can't help you there, but I have heard that it's really difficult to get your head around some of the stuff it does, so good luck. Having said that, it looks quite useful.

The mismatched data of MT4 really bugs me. Some serious issues. The code offers most features that I would look for though. I'd like some way to rate fundamentals however, I know, that's crazy.

MetaTrader4? Hmm, can't help you there, but I have heard that it's really difficult to get your head around some of the stuff it does, so good luck. Having said that, it looks quite useful.

I don't see why. I found it easy to use and I'm used to Windows-style programs.

I built an EA from scratch after only a few days of googling/learning. I must agree with shadow here. If you can code in any other language, you'll be fine with mql4

OK well I don't remember where I saw the comments on mT that I'm talking about, but I'm obviously picking up fag ends so I'll drop my objections.

OK well I don't remember where I saw the comments on mT that I'm talking about, but I'm obviously picking up fag ends so I'll drop my objections.

Ha ha, I don't know what fag ends are, but yes, best not to pick them up IMO

If you didn't get the mismatched error before then are u using a different currency or different time frame than previously? Your terminal doesn't have the correct data stored that you need so it calculates probable data points within a bar or the data set is somehow corrupted.

The only way I could figure out how to get around this (anyone else speak up...??) was to download a new data set in the timeframe I needed.

Peter

Ok, yeah that makes sense. I test my system on multiple pairs/tf's and the problems get consistently worse. Then I had to uncheck the 'by date' button in order to get it to do anything. MT4 wasn't made for abuse.

Ok, yeah that makes sense. I test my system on multiple pairs/tf's and the problems get consistently worse. Then I had to uncheck the 'by date' button in order to get it to do anything. MT4 wasn't made for abuse.

exactly.

Peter