Monthly Thread: November 2003

yes darktone, over the last few months i've only made money on currencies and have been following the threads and seems like there are many opportunities during the day when s/r levels are broken - but i am worried about deal4free spread which can be 10 pips

Its not so much the actual spread that CMC offer thats the problem, its the way they skew the prices that hurt the day trader. cmc SB are 4 points on E/$ as are fxcm but you will get less range of movement with cmc which can effectively make their spreads wider.

I asked if you were profitable? cos if you are? why try to fix something that aint broke?

Regards
dt

Anyone trading €/$ will be glad they had any stop losses in place after the dip in price sometime after 2,30pm our time :)

i traded the break of resistance at 1.1850 @1.1867 but folded my hand at 40 looking for lower prices. missed my chance to re-enter yesterday and woke up to find a fire had been lit under E/$ :(

missed all of todays action but a lesson its taught me! only crime now would be not to learn from it! ;)

anmolway - 10 pip spread

Anmolway

Just curious, Im trading using deal4free but get 3 pip spreads usually. If I think they read me I ask for 2 way qoute.

hi illiminato, you are right it is only 3 pips for euro cash, i usually place a trade over many days to a few weeks and therefore use monthly expiry bets which have 10 pips spread - my thinking is that if one holding for many days or a few weeks then the overnight charge on a cash spread mounts up to multiple spreads.

i was just wondering what other way do people dealing in curriencies place there trades.

cheers
anmolway