MiNY crude versus full-size crude contracts

rs1

Hi,

This is an excellent site with some good forums. I have been lurking for a little while and here is my first post and first question. Hope somebody can help.

I am looking into trading crude oil and thought that the minY would be the way to go initially but it seems as though the tick size on the miNY (12.5 USD) is larger than the tick size on the full-size contract (10 USD).

Have I got that right or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for the help

rs

that is correct, but there are also fewer ticks per $1.00 in the eminY - the big contract has 100 ticks per $1.00 at $10 per tick = $1000 per contract, the emiNY is only 1 tick per 2.5c, so 40 ticks per $1.00, at $12.50 = $500 per contract.

this is kind of a connected query, and I too have been lurking..

I've been spreadbetting august crude and doing ok. I want to use Prorealtime for the functionality it provides, however they only cover the m-iNY oil commodities, whilst the underlying spreadbetting instrument is NYMEX crude light. Prorealtime does not offer the CL data itself.

I can see there may be a difference in the prices, obviously this could be through the spreadbetting companies price offering.

I like prorealtime and would like to stick with it - do you reckon this is an OK thing to do guys?

Cheers

Last edited:
what I mean is, are charts for these 2 instruments essentially interchangeable, so I can trade CL watching a m-iNY CL chart.