Mind over markets

Tubbs

Has anyone read mind over markets by dalton, jones etc. I would really like to get hold of a copy. The best way would be without exchange of money - by way of a private message - if you know what I mean. If that was the case I have quite a few hundred trading books in virtual format that may be handy to people. Just a thought.

doh

don't know what you're talking about!
Let's just say most of my things come free - I love the internet

Most of the stuff I use is free. I won't buy it unless I really have to :cheesy:

The best price is free

I love my free books as well as my free music. I love my free tv even more. The best bit about trading books is that when you've read most of them you see that there really isn't that much original thought. Also I think 90% of it is unusable. I can tell in the first few paragraphs if it is rubbish.

The best two conflicting quotes are these:

The best way to make money is to be in the market for longer periods of time - there is no free lunch.

OR

The day trader is the best type of trader. The short time frame is best because there is less risk for the trader.

Which of the above do you agree with - I know, after about 200 trading books, which is the right answer. That's not to say each don't have their own merits - but I use it to tell if the book will be BS or not. There are other statements too. The ones that let you know an author is a fool are the ones that are very demanding and order you how to think in the first paragraphs. The sensible ones just suggest.

I don't know why I've gone off on this tangent - I just think it's funny.

I've never read a trading book but a name that has cropped up time and time again over the years is Murphy. Still regarded as the bible for TA.

yeah

Murphy's is indeed the bible of TA - but that is presuming that trend lines and MACD all work. I have put such things into metastock to test and have the opposite. The books I look for these days are different from the usual TA books - I just don't think it's good enough. For example larry william's book has info about trading a particular day of the week or month - I tested this with surprising results - imagine incorporating this will other advice. it should work.

Any luck in finding an electronic version of Mind over markets ?
I know one exist at friendlytraders .... but those guys are less than friendly about sharing their resources or even joining their site ... its like a private country club over there friendly my ass.

So wondering if any copies circulating around. If yes PM me or leave a reply and I'll pm you. I have stuff to exchange as well.

Dont know why but that book seems to be out of stock at every library where I live and they tell me they cant order it anymore .... And im in canada. If you know somewhere in canada where I can buy it please share.

Importing it from the US is like adding 50% the actual cost of the book with import fees and taxes so I prefer a cheaper option.

Or know anyone selling it in electronic/pdf format ... anything to avoid imports fees and taxes.

Thanks for any help

Any luck in finding an electronic version of Mind over markets ?
I know one exist at friendlytraders .... but those guys are less than friendly about sharing their resources or even joining their site ... its like a private country club over there friendly my ass.

So wondering if any copies circulating around. If yes PM me or leave a reply and I'll pm you. I have stuff to exchange as well.

Dont know why but that book seems to be out of stock at every library where I live and they tell me they cant order it anymore .... And im in canada. If you know somewhere in canada where I can buy it please share.

Importing it from the US is like adding 50% the actual cost of the book with import fees and taxes so I prefer a cheaper option.

Or know anyone selling it in electronic/pdf format ... anything to avoid imports fees and taxes.

Thanks for any help

Hello,
Have you read "Markets in Profile" ? From the same authors, only much more recent and updated. Very easy to find on the net.
:)

yes im reading it (markets in profile) now. Almost finished thats why I was looking for the other book.
I also read the 6 part guide from cbot as well. That guide is pretty well done to get immersed in market profile. Best of all its free.
and probably ill go over the steidlmayer book pdf as well.

how come one book is so easy to find in pdf form and the other is so difficult.
Jeez maybe if I can get a hard copy ill go scan it myself and do a pdf out of it just for spite. 150 page to flip .... 10 page per day .... i can see myself doing it for a month just to make a point. Im stubborn that way.

i wish i had an address in the US to buy stuff without getting tax,duties and shipping charges to death. you guys living in the US dont know how lucky u are ... I see free shipping all over the place ... for us residents only ... doh , **** me :eek:

The only thing good is I dont have to hold US dollars for the long term :rolleyes: but hell thats small compensation. Lol.

If you can't find Mind Over Markets, try Dalton's newest book Markets In Profile. It covers much of the same ground. I actually encourage folks to read that one first, then MOM.

I heard that they were different but I never read MOM yet so dont really know.
I also heard that MOM is the basics of market profile and Markets in profile is the more advanced text.

But good to hear a different take on the 2 books. Thanks for your opinion.

These two books are one of the best that I`ve read of nearly 70 books by now.

Yes, there are lots of poor trading books, but these two stand out.

Buy them if you are interested.

If not, then I guess you would have to be without.

I saw the book Mind over Markets shared on another board, www . ewef . net.

It is a good resource for other trading stuff too.

The board is in arabic so I made a picture to help people register.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5800/friendlytraders.png

These two books are one of the best that I`ve read of nearly 70 books by now.

Yes, there are lots of poor trading books, but these two stand out.

Buy them if you are interested.

If not, then I guess you would have to be without.