Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM

Guys, I have been looking into MTA closely, I cannot take it anymore, Matt rages me every time I see some fake post about buying property, his bank having too much money etc I have to take action.

I have created a Facebook page and need to get traction, I can't boost the post as it gets blocked due to hate preaching or some crap.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/mtatakeoverjoke/

I am happy to make some of your guys admins so you can contribute, I just cant take it anymore!!

Guys, I have been looking into MTA closely, I cannot take it anymore, Matt rages me every time I see some fake post about buying property, his bank having too much money etc I have to take action.

I have created a Facebook page and need to get traction, I can't boost the post as it gets blocked due to hate preaching or some crap.

Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/mtatakeoverjoke/

I am happy to make some of your guys admins so you can contribute, I just cant take it anymore!!

That's something I can get behind. I don't think I can contribute as I have now been blocked off of every social media possible by Matt Travis, so I have no new insights. Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, even the old fashioned telephone. - I gave him too much (deserved) abuse lol.

If we cant at least get a few of the apprentices to turn their heads and ask a few questions then that's a job done. And then curb the new intake of apprentices till his name is in the dirt, where it belongs.

He will regret buying all those watches when the money stops coming in!!

:clap:

I would suggest changing the name of the Facebook page to "Matt Travis/ MTA The Takeover Scam" so it shows up for more Facebook searches and in google. MTA/ MTA Live/ Mtakeover/ MTA The Takeover don't seem to be able to decide what the name of their business is, and it's all a front for the cult of Matt Travis anyway.

I am one of those fools who fell for the hype, but the blinkers are now off (they have been for quite some time if I'm being honest with myself, but simply didn't want to admit it) and I continue to stay part of the groups and webinars simply to see what mad claims "Mr Travis" is making today.

I saw in a previous post someone mention that Matt had been crowing about getting FCA authorisation at one point, which I remember him doing. I believe it coincided with his claim that a very experience fund manager from some major market player was coming to work for MTA. No names were given, and we've heard nothing since, but my guess is that "Travisty" was banking on the new arrival bringing his regulatory certification with him.

Someone mentioned being FCA regulated on a webinar yesterday, and the Travis confirmed that they aren't FCA regulated and claimed they didn't have to be because they traded other people's money under Power of Attorney. Now I don't claim to know the rules and regulations, but from my meagre googling, it would appear that you don't need to be FCA regulated if you're set up as a hedge fund (not sure that Mtakeover is registered as a hedge fund) AND all clients must be High Net Worth individuals, and trading of non-HNW funds requires an FCA licence, so...are they breaking the law?

Some more bad reviews posted this weekend making allegations of £5000 courses being paid for then nothing of value being delivered in return.

Also mentioned is yet another one of MTA's illegal raffles, this time the private jet trading weekend. Inevitably with these MTA competitions the prizes either never get announced, or are mysteriously always won by one of the ladz from Gosport (what are the chances that the prize winners are always old pals from Gosport?)

These raffles are 100% illegal, see the gambling commission website for clarification.

"Lotteries in Great Britain can only be promoted for charities and other good causes. They cannot be promoted for private or commercial gain. It is a criminal offence under the Gambling Act to promote an unlawful lottery". Even if these raffles weren't a load of corrupt bulls**t and run fairly, they would still be totally illegal.

Screenshots attached of the 1 star review, and of the MTA website page offering illegal raffle tickets for this private jet prize draw for sale.

Attachments

• illegalraffle.png
    illegalraffle.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 444
  • badreview.png
    badreview.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
I really don't know how people are still falling for all of this ****e?!

The video of them in the rented LA mansion is hilarious, matt preaching all his motivation **** like he is some sort of life coach?!

I've never seen such a disjointed approach from a 'company' claiming this, promising that, raffles, trading escapes, rented houses, it's just a load of ********.

Do they even have offices at the shard anymore? weren't they also opening trading floors in Dubai oh and they were becoming a bank?! LOL. If you ask me the people who are dumb enough to believe any of this almost deserve to lose their money to make them wake up to the reality of these scam artists!

If Matt and MTA make so much money from trading (we've all seen the MT4 screenshots) then why do they need to sell anything else?!

Has anyone EVER seen a screenshot of Matt or any of his **** mates actually withdrawing money from a trading account?!

I did see that one ex MTA 'trader' is now associated with another company very similar in nature to MTA and guess what they were advertising for... internet / social media marketing people! So this is basically what all of Matt's puppy dog mates do for him, same business model being copied by someone else.

So I am sat here with 968 in 24fx and they still won't let me withdraw it, it's absolutely shocking.

What I still can't believe is this sick human being known as Matt is still going round posting absolute bull fcking crap about forex still and ruining peoples lives.

The fact he said he would help the homeless is a sick play on peoples heartstrings, he is a vile, slithering, slimey little man.

I see Matt and his sidekick Dan have now parted ways. only a few weeks after Matt made a big deal about giving Dan shares in the company and claiming that Dan 'was always in his plans'. So This Makes 3 people-(Mike, Hayd and Dan) who were previously referred to his 'best mates' or 'brothers' who have now upped sticks from MTA. Either dumped by Matt or seeing the light themselves and jumping ship.

Sounds as though his castle may be starting to crumble :)

Just another member of staff who saw how the scam works from inside and realised they are much better off doing it for themselves - his new company seems to be a carbon copy of MTA (E.g. Follow my journey to financial freedom and make some money for yourself along the way).

Pretty sure most of MTA's staff/ "fund managers" get paid entirely on commission for their signups - £100 per signup perhaps? Anybody can open an affiliate account with a broker, start referring their own people directly and get approx £500 per signup for themselves, rather than giving the majority share to the boss for him to finance his Conor Mcgregor tribute act.

Capture2.PNG
I think he's just remembered (with a little prompt from this board :LOL:) that he needs to keep the charade going. Obviously when asked what channel it will be appearing on he was silent - Rogue Traders perhaps?

The credulity shown on the rest of the Facebook post's comments is just sad.

Last edited:
More outright lies from Matt Travis

"Welcome to my new upgrade. Just waiting on agreement, fingers crossed"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65715800.html

From rented penthouse in Brentford to buying a £28 million pound house in Chelsea? He could at least try and make his nonsense believable.

No doubt he'll come up with some plausible reason as to why the purchase didn't go through. Either that or he's going to rent it while trying to give the impression that he owns it (which is easily checked).

No doubt he'll come up with some plausible reason as to why the purchase didn't go through. Either that or he's going to rent it while trying to give the impression that he owns it (which is easily checked).

Yes! They'll either be an excuse or, in true Travis style, it'll never be mentioned ever again... like turning a homeless person into a millionaire (why not just turn all your clients into millionaires?).

P.s. I found it funny that in the comments section of his post he's put that the house is in Mayfair. D'oh!

Surely he can afford this though?! It's only £28m! He makes that in one hour according to all of his MT4 screenshots?!!

I hear you can actually now pay for things in London with those 'demo' £££'s!!

What an absolute ********!

Someone really needs to put a stop to all of this lying and cheating people - he is a ****ing scumbag

This thread has been going 3 years and right from the start it was made clear this was a Scam (now led by Matt Travis as it looks like Mike Douglas had enough of scamming people).

So why in the past 3 years gave so many people fallen for the scam. It sounds like some people posting fell for it so it would be good to know why (especially if it is to be stopped).

Time and Time again people on here are saying it's a scam and should be stopped, everyone not having the guts to stand up themselves and do something. This is what scammers rely on.

Things can be done.
Firstly the best way to stop people like this is financially and you can bet they have not been honest with the tax man. If you make money trading spread betting it might be tax free (not always) but if you get commission or any fees from a broker you have to pay tax.
There is a confidential way to tell the tax man and get them to investigate, simply google or go to .gov site.

There are a number of consumer bodies including the TV program in the UK called Watchdog. Contact them especially if you are a disgruntled customer.

Take a look at Matt Travis and Mtatakeover social media posts, check all the #tags to see where they post and post to the same sites. Make sure you post facts and don't simply attack.

Write to any brokers they use especially if you have an account and complain about Mta and Matt Travis.

Don't just moan and let them get away with it.
Don't be a victim, stand up and fight back (legally and without violence) to help others!

This thread has been going 3 years and right from the start it was made clear this was a Scam (now led by Matt Travis as it looks like Mike Douglas had enough of scamming people).

So why in the past 3 years gave so many people fallen for the scam. It sounds like some people posting fell for it so it would be good to know why (especially if it is to be stopped).

Time and Time again people on here are saying it's a scam and should be stopped, everyone not having the guts to stand up themselves and do something. This is what scammers rely on.

Things can be done.
Firstly the best way to stop people like this is financially and you can bet they have not been honest with the tax man. If you make money trading spread betting it might be tax free (not always) but if you get commission or any fees from a broker you have to pay tax.
There is a confidential way to tell the tax man and get them to investigate, simply google or go to .gov site.

There are a number of consumer bodies including the TV program in the UK called Watchdog. Contact them especially if you are a disgruntled customer.

Take a look at Matt Travis and Mtatakeover social media posts, check all the #tags to see where they post and post to the same sites. Make sure you post facts and don't simply attack.

Write to any brokers they use especially if you have an account and complain about Mta and Matt Travis.

Don't just moan and let them get away with it.
Don't be a victim, stand up and fight back (legally and without violence) to help others!

Some good points about where to turn to - I'd probably add Action Fraud if someone truly believes they were misled and as a consequence departed with money.

As regards why people are still falling for the crass marketing and snake-oil, I think it has something to do with a genuine sense of credulity experienced by people who are in a relatively insecure financial position, and they are, to some degree, vulnerable individuals. When they end up losing a not insignificant sum of money, or at best, realise they're not going to make a sustainable living, they tend to feel embarrassed and so are unlikely to come forward; generally chalking it up as a tough lesson learnt.

If this thread has stopped even one person parting with any cash, then it's done it's job. Perhaps it's on the way to stopping the whole show though...?!

I see more former MTA minions have abandoned ship and started their own forex company with the launch of "FX Trading Group"/ "FX Trading Capital".

Who's going to be next?

Attachments

• fxtcw.png
    fxtcw.png
    688.4 KB · Views: 322
  • noblet.png
    noblet.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 385
  • banfield.png
    banfield.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 422
  • directors.png
    directors.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 290
  • fxtc.png
    fxtc.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 384
  • fisher.png
    fisher.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Just the 4 limited editions on tour with me at present.

That's what Quarter of a mill looks like... keep hating and il annoy you even more, stay quiet and il be less lairy.

Let's play a game of spot the difference. On the left we have the genuine watch, on the right a $200 fake. In the middle, Matt Travis' fine piece.

To summarise: the Richard Mille is an obvious fake even to the untrained eye as the case has a dark finish, however the real version was only ever made in a silver finish. The two screws at the bottom of the watch are clearly further from the edge than the genuine. You can also spot at the 6 o'clock position on the dial the same cheap gold and yellow balance wheel mechanism on Matt Travis' and the fake watch, in contrast to the fine tourbillon mechanism of the genuine.

The Audemars Piguet is another cheap fake, identified by the subdial spacing and size of the date window. The Breitlings too blurry to tell though they are only worth about £5k each compared to the other two watches which are much more expensive.

Also, Travis claims the photo shows £250,000 worth of watches, however the genuine version of the Richard Mille sells for £355,000, which with the value of the AP (50k) and Breitlings (10k) would make these four watches together worth about £415,000 if they were real.

To paraphrase Matt Travis - "keep posting fake watches and il expose you even more"

Attachments

• richardmille.png
    richardmille.png
    973.8 KB · Views: 706
  • watches.png
    watches.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
I see more former MTA minions have abandoned ship and started their own forex company with the launch of "FX Trading Group"/ "FX Trading Capital".

Who's going to be next?

Actually, they didn't abandon ship: these guys were all in the "Manchester Office" and Matt simply decided to close it one day. No notice, no reasons given (that I'm aware of), just thanks and goodbye!

The guys decided to band together and start afresh, offering an end service instead of going the eduaction/signals route.

I personally would wish them the best of luck.

Who's going to be next?

Dan "Donny" Newman has also left (although I'm hearing conflicting reports of him being fired vs him deciding to leave), and has teamed up with someone else to launch Newman Wealth Management - basically a trade copier service with optional signals/trade newsletter service.

Dan was actually one of the better traders at MTAkeover, and his newsletter trades were, for the most part, profitable.