MetaTrader MACD Question

dwaddell

Hi all,

Not sure if METASTOCK covers MetaTrader, but hopefully someone can help.

I've installed Metatrader and registered for a demo and get my FX price feeds fine, set up my charts all is well.

However, when I add MACD, standard settings, rather than two moving average lines, I get one 'line' version of the MA and one 'bar' version of the other MA running vertically, albeit, whoing the wave pattern.

Q. Every other chart package I've used shows both MA's in the MACD as lines, how can I make Metatrader do the same...it makes it easier for me to spot when the lines cross over.

Dave

if all else fails, draw the 2 ma's on your chart.

however, when the macd crosses zero , doesnt that give you what you want.

perhaps I have misunderstood.

dwaddell said:
Hi all,

I've installed Metatrader and registered for a demo and get my FX price feeds fine, set up my charts all is well.

However, when I add MACD, standard settings, rather than two moving average lines, I get one 'line' version of the MA and one 'bar' version of the other MA running vertically, albeit, whoing the wave pattern.

Q. Every other chart package I've used shows both MA's in the MACD as lines, how can I make Metatrader do the same...it makes it easier for me to spot when the lines cross over.

Dave

Perhaps this version is what u are looking for?

Attachments

• FX Sniper MACD Lines.zip
    665 bytes · Views: 607
macd is simply the difference between two moving averages and on my programme it is shown as a line. normally you draw another moving average of the macd which acts as the trigger line when it crosses over. macd histogram is the difference between the macd and its moving average. this is normally plotted as vertical bars.

Hi,

I saw a system where this guy plots Simple MA´s of MACD on the MACD window.
Anyone knows if it´s possible to do that in the metatrader ?

Igor

Hi all,

Dave

You need the MACD_OsMA_4Color

The MACD on MT4 is actually flawed I believe.

Good trading

Attachments

• MACD_OsMA_4ColorLH.mq4
    4.8 KB · Views: 875
I use the"rebellion" and the author Russ Horn sent me an indicator MACD2line, that does what you want