Macd signals/alert

TEAMTRADER

There seem to be a lot of good indicators for MACD giving signals for crossover of ma's.
I've attached two of those that I consider to be good and settings can be adjusted to the timeframe traded.
I'd like a signal on screen with a box alert to say when the MACD crosses zero.
The second of these attached indicators has a box that suggests that it does this but as it does not give a chart signal, it is not possible to perform backtests.
Is there another MACD indi that will give zero cross on screen signals?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

Attachments

• macd-dot.ex4
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,275
  • MACD_ColorHist_Alert.ex4
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Document1.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,543
I am sure there are many MACD signal alert trigger type indicators or EAs.
The alert is simply triggered when the last bar (fully closed) value is X and the previous closed bar is Y, where X and Y are the cross-over points. eg, If X is >0 and and Y<0 type stuff.

The files you have posted are encrypted .ex4 files.
You would need to post the editable .mq4 files for someone to actually apply the simple additional code.
Good luck.

I am sure there are many MACD signal alert trigger type indicators or EAs.
The alert is simply triggered when the last bar (fully closed) value is X and the previous closed bar is Y, where X and Y are the cross-over points. eg, If X is >0 and and Y<0 type stuff.

The files you have posted are encrypted .ex4 files.
You would need to post the editable .mq4 files for someone to actually apply the simple additional code.
Good luck.

Thanks, attached are the files.
I had not thought of someone adapting as there may have been another indicator available that I had not seen (after a thorough search I could not find one).
TEAMTRADER

Attachments

• MACD_ColorHist_Alert.mq4
    11.1 KB · Views: 883
  • macd-dot.mq4
    3 KB · Views: 788
Thanks, attached are the files.
I had not thought of someone adapting as there may have been another indicator available that I had not seen (after a thorough search I could not find one).
TEAMTRADER
I've given up on the MACD alert as above...........I am not a coder.
SECOND QUESTION
I've searched everywhere for a MA coss alert that incorporates the shift part of the MA setting - see attached.
Does anyone know of one and if so could it be posted?
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER

Attachments

• Document1.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 671
hey TT

I am a big fan of Macd's .......its very interlinked in my strengthmeter strategies

good luck here
N

I've given up on the MACD alert as above...........I am not a coder.
SECOND QUESTION
I've searched everywhere for a MA coss alert that incorporates the shift part of the MA setting - see attached.
Does anyone know of one and if so could it be posted?
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER

try here: Forex Expert Advisor on Customizable Moving Average Cross

It's an expert advisor, but just set your mt4 options to disallow trading and the ea will give you an alert.

Peter