MetaTrader 4 / InterbankFX

damianoakley

Established member
Hi All,

I wish to program my forex trading strategy into the automated trading system provided by Forex broker InterbankFX.

The system apparently uses MQL II from MetaTrader of which I have no experience.

Are there any traders or programmers out there who are fluent in this programming language who would be willing to help me code my system?

The strategy I use is not complex.

I do not expect a freebie here and would consider hiring the services of someone who knows what they are doing in this field.

All comments welcome.

Many Thanks

Damian

Hi Damien,

You might want to consider checking out the forums that are specifically for discussing the Metatrader programming language - there are several, but to start you off you can try www.forex-tsd.com which is a good site, also http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/home.php forum's are useful - not interbankfx specific (do they have a programming forum?) but metatrader is the same for any of the brokers that use it.

I hope that helps, I'm not a programmer but have been using MT4 for a while, so let me know if you have other questions on it.

-TPO.

Thanks for that TPO.

You mention you've used MT4 for a while. Do you manual trade or auto-trade?

Thanks

Damian

Hi,

I'm only at the stage of manual trading still - I'd like to use an 'EA' to automate it but I am still refining my strategy etc. Also, I tend to use a bit of discretion in my current strategy (which I'm testing live this week), i.e. looking at support/resistance etc, which I don't think you can put into an EA very easily. I think the people with working, profitable EA's are probably riding round the Bahamas in big yachts and not posting on Internet forums so much now :LOL:

As I'm still in the day job, I firstly want to be consistently profitable with a strategy, then I can trade full-time whilst working on the automation side of things...that's the plan at least...

-TPO.

Good stuff.

I'll let you know how I get on with the automated trading side of things. I have a profitable strategy, but need to automate before the 24 hour nature of forex kills me!

Good luck,

Damian