MetaServer or HyperServer?

lote_tree

I wanted to get some opinions on how to go about setting up my computers for TT.

I currently have Investor RT (IRT) running with Interactive brokers. I also have DTN Market access providing me with historical and real-time data through IRT. I know that almost everyone here uses Tradestation 8.3 or Prosuite 2000i to use the TT codes.

I’ve now opened up an account with Tradestation but I’m having second thoughts because of the currency risk. I know that the dollar is probably going to get stronger in the next few months but I’m thinking it might be easier just to stick with Sterling for now. Also, I’ve managed to get hold of Prosuite 2000i and wanted to know whether I should be getting MetaServer 3.2 or Hyperserver?

I heard Iraj mention in one of his seminars that MetaServer with IB data may not be the most optimal set up as far as reliable data is concerned. Is anyone currently using this combo? If so have you had any problems with it?

I’m just thinking about what options are available.

Peace……

I wanted to get some opinions on how to go about setting up my computers for TT.

I currently have Investor RT (IRT) running with Interactive brokers. I also have DTN Market access providing me with historical and real-time data through IRT. I know that almost everyone here uses Tradestation 8.3 or Prosuite 2000i to use the TT codes.

I’ve now opened up an account with Tradestation but I’m having second thoughts because of the currency risk. I know that the dollar is probably going to get stronger in the next few months but I’m thinking it might be easier just to stick with Sterling for now. Also, I’ve managed to get hold of Prosuite 2000i and wanted to know whether I should be getting MetaServer 3.2 or Hyperserver?

I heard Iraj mention in one of his seminars that MetaServer with IB data may not be the most optimal set up as far as reliable data is concerned. Is anyone currently using this combo? If so have you had any problems with it?

Peace……

Hi Lote_tree

Sorry but I can't comment about Metaserver or IRT. However, regarding Hyperserver, I have IB Data feeding TS2ki via the Hyperserver interface and it is totally fine and stable. Also, I found the Hyperserver on-line tech support guys to be really helpful when setting it up in the first place (more than a year ago).

Cheers
Steve

Peace……
Hi Lote_tree,

I've tried Metaserver with IB and Hyperserver with both IB and IqFeed. The metaserver route I found to be quite unstable, also backfilling would often fail. Hyperserver has been very stable (shame 2000i is not so stable), and backfilling works every time. Also having compared the calculated Macci values with those of Iraj at a couple of seminars, the IqFeed data values are close to the those produced using eSignal data whereas the IB data (particularly in the lower timeframes) macci values can vary.

Cheers,

Chris

the IqFeed data values are close to the those produced using eSignal data whereas the IB data (particularly in the lower timeframes) macci values can vary.

I have not found that to be the case when using IB as a data source.

Paul

Hi guys

Thanks for your contribution. It seems like HyperServer is the one to go for. That's one thing out the way.

Hyperserver has been very stable (shame 2000i is not so stable)

Chris, are you using TS 8.3 now or have you stuck with 2000i?

I have not found that to be the case when using IB as a data source.

Paul, I thought you found IB data to be unreliable when routing it through to TS2Ki. I can't remember where I read it but it was a few years back I think anyway. Has your opinion changed?

I might subscribe to just the equities data through IQ feed if IB data is a problem. I must say that IB data has been fine when using Investor RT.

Cheers

Naeem

Last edited:
Hi guys

Chris, are you using TS 8.3 now or have you stuck with 2000i?

Naeem

Naeem,

I'm still using 2000i for charting as I found RadarScreen 2000i can fall over when things get busy and to be honest I've often seen differences between the charting and Radarscreen quotes, so I'm using a replacement which I've written myself, this draws IqFeed data from Quotetracker using its streaming api. This works well for me and 2000i is still a great charting application, however if I could code correct Macci charting in Quotetracker I probably use that exclusively.

Regards,

Chris

Paul, I thought you found IB data to be unreliable when routing it through to TS2Ki. I can't remember where I read it but it was a few years back I think anyway. Has your opinion changed?

This only applied to volume and not price data and price data is what Macci is based on.

Paul

Naeem,

I'm still using 2000i for charting as I found RadarScreen 2000i can fall over when things get busy and to be honest I've often seen differences between the charting and Radarscreen quotes, so I'm using a replacement which I've written myself, this draws IqFeed data from Quotetracker using its streaming api. This works well for me and 2000i is still a great charting application, however if I could code correct Macci charting in Quotetracker I probably use that exclusively.

Regards,

Chris

Oh I see. I was looking for ways to route the backfill data from Investor RT into TS2Ki but it seems that might not be possible. Thanks for your help.

This only applied to volume and not price data and price data is what Macci is based on.

Paul

Ok great. I'll try the IB version of Hyperserver and see where that takes me.

Cheers

Naeem