Member Titles

Sharky

Staff
Following a recent suggestion from a member, I've decided to update the Members Titles. As regulars will know these titles are displayed alongside your name across various parts of the site - reviews, journals and of course the forums. The reflect the total number of posts you've made on the forums, and are intended as a quick indication of seniority on the site - ie. if you've made a lot of posts, you will probably have registered some time ago, and therefore know the site better than most.

The existing titles we use and the minimum number of posts required are as follows:

0 Junior Member
30 Member
100 Senior Member

The proposed new member titles/no. of posts would be:

0 Stranger
5 Newbie
25 Junior Member
50 Member
100 Senior Member
500 Veteran Member
1000 Legendary Member

If anyone has any comments or suggestions regarding the updated titles please add them to this thread. Our intention is to make better use of the titles, to determine what you can/can't do on the site. For example requiring members to be at least achieved newbie or junior member status before there allowed to posts a review. The idea being to help ensure that reviews are genuine, by trusted members of the site.

"For example requiring members to be at least achieved newbie or junior member status before there allowed to posts a review. The idea being to help ensure that reviews are genuine, by trusted members of the site."

Makes good sense

Hi Sharky

The new Titles looks very good to me.

I would suggest that a person reaches at least Junior status before a review etc is posted.

Keep up the good work.

As a new member it sounds like a good plan to me!! I have seen this sort of thing on other sites that I am a membe rof and it works well. :)

Welcome catsphiddle.

Thanks for the feedback folks, it's only a small change but hopefully an improvement and something that can be incorporated into other parts of the site.

seems like the new titles have already been implemented. Just signed up here seems like a good place to discuss trading.

It is a good place to discuss trading. Not to spam every other post though!

Sharky

I would of thought you would of picked some titles that were a little bit more Querky.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of doing something a bit quirky, but there's a fine line between that and naff - so I thought I'd better stick to the beaten track.

Jaykay3, how about this then..

0 Newbie Member
15 Rookie Member
50 Member
100 Senior Member
500 Veteran Member
1000 Legendary Member

We've decided to take jaykay3's advice and make a small change to the member titles.

As of later today,

1) Strangers, will be know as Newbies

and

2) Newbies, will be known as Rookies

Which should make new member feel a little more welcome.

Therefore the current member titles are:

0 Newbie
5 Rookie
25 Junior Member
50 Member
100 Senior Member
500 Veteran Member
1000 Legendary Member

if (posts>3000) !& Administrator
title = "too much time on hands, needs girl friend"
endif

he he sorry, couldn't resist that....a moment of utter sadness on my part lol