**** me... huge realisation about why trend followers survive longer...

i think this was a good thread but the jokes have maybe spoiled it?

i mean jokes are good but there was proper trading talk for a bit about different views of me and bramble and shadowninja and robster970 and ect?

be a shame to not have good trading talk when its under our noses i think.

Yes, I put this thread on my bookmark list but, by page 3, realised that I was going to be disappointed.

To be fair, it was a moment of seriousness in an ocean of lulz.

There were some useful exchanges of opinion and the opportunity to review currently held views, which is always good news.

But, unless the OP wants to define his terms a little more fully there isn’t a great deal more that could be discussed over and above what has already been, given the number of assumptions that had to be made in lieu of a more formally defined context.

Not having a go, but bookmarking a thread that seems useful is no substitute for getting in and getting involved. Threads die when there are no more willing participants and there has been no introduction of new viewpoints, information or facts.

There always seems to be a crowd of onlookers expecting everyone else to keep it going. If you find a thread useful and/or interesting, it’s up to you to maintain the momentum as much as anyone else.

To be fair, it was a moment of seriousness in an ocean of lulz.

There were some useful exchanges of opinion and the opportunity to review currently held views, which is always good news.

But, unless the OP wants to define his terms a little more fully there isn’t a great deal more that could be discussed over and above what has already been, given the number of assumptions that had to be made in lieu of a more formally defined context.

Not having a go, but bookmarking a thread that seems useful is no substitute for getting in and getting involved. Threads die when there are no more willing participants and there has been no introduction of new viewpoints, information or facts.

There always seems to be a crowd of onlookers expecting everyone else to keep it going. If you find a thread useful and/or interesting, it’s up to you to maintain the momentum as much as anyone else.

:LOL: Cheek!

With 6050 posts under my belt, I can't be considered an onlooker!

Let's just say that I was momentarily breathless. :smart:

Very true - however I wonder if more members would feel more confident of putting ideas forward if it wasn't for a small quorum of contributors who present themselves as definitive experts and are very very damning of opinions that vary even marginally from their own. At times T2W comes across as quite a hostile place and I don't think it helps increase or improve the diversity of viewpoints.

Very true - however I wonder if more members would feel more confident of putting ideas forward if it wasn't for a small quorum of contributors who present themselves as definitive experts and are very very damning of opinions that vary even marginally from their own. At times T2W comes across as quite a hostile place and I don't think it helps increase or improve the diversity of viewpoints.
You may have a point, but we're all big boys (and girls) here and I don't think too many people get jumped on for expressing a view or an opinion. It's more often the ‘tone’ or manner of their style which attracts the energy which then diverts the thread from it’s original (or current) course.

And I hardly think Split or any other regular contributor could be considered shy and retiring. They always seem more than capable of giving as good as they get.

You may have a point, but we're all big boys (and girls) here and I don't think too many people get jumped on for expressing a view or an opinion. It's more often the ‘tone’ or manner of their style which attracts the energy which then diverts the thread from it’s original (or current) course.

And I hardly think Split or any other regular contributor could be considered shy and retiring. They always seem more than capable of giving as good as they get.

Yes but the problem is that the content is diluted. This really is now more like lulz2win. i know I'm partly responsible (maybe more so than I believe) but it's a bit 5hit tbh.

your right i think jack of clubs

maybe you can explain it because i reckon most people will be trading (speculating) on their
own account without being in lots of contaqct with other traders... i mean for me to be able to trade consistently you need to have a way of thinking about markets and all that they encompass... and you need to have thought and experienced it long and hard enough so that you dont doubt your own mind.

thats not to say that your default position is "everyone else is wrong", but you need to have a firm belief in a framework. without that youll pull a howard.

your right i think jack of clubs

maybe you can explain it because i reckon most people will be trading (speculating) on their
own account without being in lots of contaqct with other traders... i mean for me to be able to trade consistently you need to have a way of thinking about markets and all that they encompass... and you need to have thought and experienced it long and hard enough so that you dont doubt your own mind.

thats not to say that your default position is "everyone else is wrong", but you need to have a firm belief in a framework. without that youll pull a howard.

A chance for me to enter the lexicon. :cool:

Survive longer. There's a young chap in the states called, Alex Honnold. He's a free solo climber, and i was lucky enough to see him in action on a program called, First Ascent, it's on the extreme sports channel.

Amazing stuff, and i personally believe there are so many similarities between rock climbing and trading.

Alex was asked how he coped under so much pressure, he replied:"I don't really think about it when i'm on a big wall, i'm just doing it. I know if i perform every move to my best ability, technically and physically, i won't fall."

Mean reverting or trend following, if you don't know what you are doing, you aint gonna survive.