MD for tech start up

compagnito

Hi,

Wonder if anyone might be able to advise the best way to find a potential MD with access to funds to complete the launch of a very high potential start up?

Funding required around £250,000, a lot to us, peanuts to some considering potential rewards.

Sales are in progress and talks with major blue chips.

Compagnito

I agree with Rainmaker about this and that you’re really looking for private equity funding – the “business angel network” is probably a good place to start – you’ll find plenty of links in Google.

You must accept that any investor(s) will expect you to risk your own capital in the business – it’s a golden rule. This’ll be no different from making a personal guarantee on a loan from a bank, etc - in terms of demonstrating your own personal financial commitment to the company – what I’m saying is that you’ll be required to make this commitment in any event.

I can’t really comment any further, except to say that money will always be found for really good business proposals. I should add that these things are a lot easy to do in the states, where they’re far more receptive to this sort of thing.

HTH

Cheers

Mayfly

Yeh the USA would be much better.

We've sunk our own money in thus far, and now need a further source & possibly an MD who has taken a start up through to sale.

It has been a long hard slog & I don't think we would repeat it.

The rewards/potential are quite awesome.

I am going to explore the BA route, for sure.