Maverick?

lana105

Hi, I've received an invitation to become a trader at Maverick Trading. Is anyone here familiar with Maverick? Do you have any input/opinions/insights about it? There is a hefty upfront training fee plus desk fees and risk capital so I really need to investigate it thoroughly before taking action. Any input or advice would be much appreciated!!

Based on what I have read they look like a standard prop firm. I haven't traded with them before but I have gotten invitations from them to trade as well. Lots of people tend to hate prop firms but that is due to the rules and the traders not being able to follow / stay profitable. It is more up to your thoughts and style of trading that can determine if a prop firm would be a good option for you. I personally trade with a prop firm and have no problem doing it cause it gives me the ability to make more money then i could with my limited capital.

Last edited:
Based on what I have read they look like a standard prop firm. I haven't traded with them before but I have gotten invitations from them to trade as well. Lots of people tend to hate prop firms but that is due to the rules and the traders not being able to follow / stay profitable. It is more up to your thoughts and style of trading that can determine if a prop firm would be a good option for you. I personally trade with a prop firm and have no problem doing it cause it gives me the ability to make more money then i could with my limited capital.

Thank you for the input! That's precisely my concern...I'm not sure how the various rules will affect my ability to make profitable trades, especially in the beginning when trading with limited capital. My impression of Maverick is that they truly want their traders to do well and it looks like it's set up to be a mutually beneficial trading structure. The biggest reason for my hesitation is the upfront fee -- other than having their reputation on the line, they really have no immediate reason to care if I succeed or fail after I've paid the 6k. I'm the only party with a vested interest in my success and I just have to take their word for it that they'll offer enough support and advancement for me to eventually become profitable. Did your firm have a large upfront cost?