Mastery Trading Academy .. swindle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserTrader

Warning ! Mastery Trading Academy are using fake screenshots and photos on their website and therefore not to be trusted. Also the company was founded by at least one of the people named in a vicious attack on a rival company (who's screenshots and photos they are now using).

The Mastery Trading Academy Facebook features a picture of a presentation, the picture is actually of a Training Traders course which took place before Mastery Trading Academy was founded.

Training Traders website:
Pic2.jpg

Picture on MTA FaceBook page:
Pic3.jpg

It gets worse, on the Mastery Trading Academy 'What we Teach' page they have a screenshot of a chart which has the same style, entry and exit labels (L Break, L Stop, L Large Break etc) as the Training Traders software.

Training Traders:
Pic4.jpg

Mastery Trading Academy:
Pic5.jpg

Fake screenshots and photo's -- Keep your distance, this looks like a con !!

And there is more.

Matt Travis (Director) appears to be in a fantasy world to say the least (more like an out and out blatant Bull merchant). Not someone you could trust.

His profile on the website includes:
He has worked with and been mentored by some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, including Sir Richard Branson, Robert Kiyosaki, Anthony Robbins and Donald Trump. Matt is now well on the way of his own trading journey under the mentorship and guidance of Mike Douglas.

Sounds good, but in reality, according to his online profiles he sold and helped promote tickets for events, not quite the mentoring he claims.

And it gets better, according to:
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/matt-travis/63/a32/8a6

He is claiming to have worked at JP Morgan when he was actually working at Training Traders (Feb 2010 - March 2013)

The MTB site claims about Les Johnston (Co Founder): Acting in his capacity of CEO or as a senior director, Les has always operated his businesses with integrity and transparency.

So we can only assume he will clean up all the outlandish claims, remove the publicity photos which were from a rival company and remove the screen shot showing software from a rival company.

Oh I forgot Les Johnston has shown he has no integrity after his posts in a different topic on this site.

Additional: For anyone thinking of visiting the Mastery Trading Academy beware, either their webmaster has no clue or they are deliberately deceiving because they use cookies but do not obey the European Law which states notification should be given and consent requested for cookies to be used. They track you and you will have no idea ..... be warned !

Last edited:
thanks for this ...................with the continued war on such vendors I hope any newbies at T2win realise that it really really is pretty foolish to pay or be duped by such "learn to trade" promises of riches.....

doesnt stop most of us having done it though............we are all human !

N

Hey there guys

Came across this post as I've been looking for an FX Course, and read all the bad stuff about other companies. Saw this MTA group.... seemed ok, but, as Laser Trader points out, they seem to be making very bold claims!
Their CEO Matt Travis just recently posted a video claiming to be regularly making £200 a day... you can see it on his facebook.
Well, I paused the video - image attached, at the point where he says he's made £200 and all there is is a few winners of £7, and a loss of three figures!! huh?! This is their CEO?! On their website it says they are regularly making 3 to 5% a day...

Attachments

• travis.png
    travis.png
    299.5 KB · Views: 1,323
thanks for this ...................with the continued war on such vendors I hope any newbies at T2win realise that it really really is pretty foolish to pay or be duped by such "learn to trade" promises of riches.....

doesnt stop most of us having done it though............we are all human !

N

These Mastery Trading Academy guys are lower than most. The used the war to their own advantage then changed sides. Not the kind of people you can trust.

I like the way they charge you for a 2 or 3 day course and thats it, they run off and leave you, not even an indicator to help you. I don't know many traders who could survive or thrive after 2 days.

Last edited:
These Mastery Trading Academy guys are lower than most. The used the war to their own advantage then changed sides. Not the kind of people you can trust.

I like the way they charge you for a 2 or 3 day course and thats it, they run off and leave you, not even an indicator to help you. I don't know many traders who could survive or thrive after 2 days.

I was looking at MTA and thinking of contacting them to do a course, luckily when I googled I found this forum. I can't believe the blatant lies and false information on their website, than you for identifying it.

I did some digging, I looked at some information about their course, they seem to be promoting the breakout of sideways movement idea. This method a great for people selling courses as you can't fail to hit an entry if you put a long and short point. Have 3-4 charts with this setup and one of them will show a good result to impress the audience. Trouble is the other 2-3 will probably fail.
Sideways breakouts can look impressive, how can you loose, long or short you will be in the trade. Trouble is life it no that simple, prices can rise then fall, take you in then reverse and hit your stop. Also I think MTA ignore broker costs and spreads to make their figures look good.

I think the forum name fits, MTA is a swindle.

I was looking at MTA and thinking of contacting them to do a course, luckily when I googled I found this forum. I can't believe the blatant lies and false information on their website, than you for identifying it.

I did some digging, I looked at some information about their course, they seem to be promoting the breakout of sideways movement idea. This method a great for people selling courses as you can't fail to hit an entry if you put a long and short point. Have 3-4 charts with this setup and one of them will show a good result to impress the audience. Trouble is the other 2-3 will probably fail.
Sideways breakouts can look impressive, how can you loose, long or short you will be in the trade. Trouble is life it no that simple, prices can rise then fall, take you in then reverse and hit your stop. Also I think MTA ignore broker costs and spreads to make their figures look good.

I think the forum name fits, MTA is a swindle.

The deeper you look the smellier it gets.
I took a look at companies house and found:
MTA_CompanyHouse.JPG
MTA was formed on 10.10/2013 by Jamet McAnuff and Matthew Travis, 7 days later Mathew Leslie Johnston appointed and Janet McAnuff terminated.
Seems a bit strange, swaping directors after 7 days.

I see Matthew Travis has just been terminated... is it a case of:
MTASink.JPG

Companies house also lists the registered address for the company:
MTA_Address.JPG

Google maps shows:
MATAddress.JPG

No wonder they have to mis-lead by using other companies photo's.
BTW I see they have changed their Facebook page :clap: (good to know they are watching). I posted a screenshot on here knowing they would remove the evidence and try to deny it :cool:

Its never a good sign when a companies website does not show their address or even show a contact email address. Oh and the phone number they list is a virtual office system.

Fake address, Fake phone number, Fake publicity ... it all adss up :smart:

Last edited:
Mike Douglas - The Real Deal

Training Traders was a few years back and was only around a few years, I attended one of their courses which was run by Mike Douglas, Mike is the real deal i can confirm that i am now a full time trader using his system, I know Matt well also as i attended many events with Tony Robbins etc and know that Matt ran the Tony Robbins operations for Europe, pictures on social media can see him sharing laughs with Donald Trump and Tony Robbins etc...

Les Johnston as spoke about below on the other hand has been acting as CEO with many large businesses in the past all of which he has fallen out with and left, nothing since has changed from what i have seen.

I know people who have sat Mike's program where they get 3 months trading support online twice per week, these guys are trading successfully and their results proven and shown online along with trading videos seen below

I think their is a sour grape here that has fallen out with Mike and has tried stirring the pot, people know Mike is different to what else is out their all you have to do is ask the people that have done the course....

Interesting post kingtrader7.

Training Traders are still in business, so you did the course with them and were happy, sounds like a recommendation for Training Traders.

Mike Douglas, Les Johnston, Matt Travis and Janet Mcanuff all worked for Training Traders, they left and launched a vicious attack against Training Traders on here and then ... up popped up Mastery Trading Academy offering a similar type of training.

If Mike Douglas is the real deal, why does he and Mastery Trading Academy need to use photo's and screenshots in their publicity and website ? Not the sign of integrity.

Interesting to see you attached a video from the Mastery Trading Academy website almost like you were part of the company (hmm and a newbie on here posting to support) :LOL: Mind you, there is not a lot of information on the website as to what you get for your money, just a course or is the mentoring support and newsletter included?

Check out the earlier post showing their registered office, add to that the lack of email address and a virtual phone number, not to mention the fake photo's. Oh yes and the strange companies house activity.

Come on MTB boy, you can do better than that feeble come-back.

Last edited:
Its interesting that Mastery Trading Academy only have a couple of videos to show success, if Mike Douglas was any good you think they would show more evidence.

Any fool can do the shotgun approach and plan 5 or 6 trades and then after the positions have opened show the one chart that has made a profit. This is a very old trick and a great way to lose money.

I here by challenge Mike Douglas and Mastery Training Academy to post a trade plan of 4 or 5 currencies, using the methods they teach, on here before any positions are taken. Then we can see for ourselves if they know what you are doing or if they are as fake as the photo's they post.

Hey there guys

Came across this post as I've been looking for an FX Course, and read all the bad stuff about other companies. Saw this MTA group.... seemed ok, but, as Laser Trader points out, they seem to be making very bold claims!
Their CEO Matt Travis just recently posted a video claiming to be regularly making £200 a day... you can see it on his facebook.
Well, I paused the video - image attached, at the point where he says he's made £200 and all there is is a few winners of £7, and a loss of three figures!! huh?! This is their CEO?! On their website it says they are regularly making 3 to 5% a day...

Your Maths is terrible, 1 loss of £10 all the rest winners, keep on chipping away :)

Your Maths is terrible, 1 loss of £10 all the rest winners, keep on chipping away :)

I notice you just ignored my challenge (n)

As you wish, more chipping away:

Click on the images to see them full size.

MTB make big claims about trading live, but they don't, not even in their coaching/mentoring. Do you think they are worried they will lose money :smart:
M11A.JPG

OK so they are faking again and using Demo accounts, well lets see how well they do by checking Matt Travis's Facebook posts:

First he starts with £10,000 on 21st February .. hmm same size as a demo account:whistling
MT2A.JPG

By 26th February he has lost at least £3400 in 3 trading days.
So averaging a Loss of £1000 per day and yet he tries to make out a gain of £378.
MT4A.JPG

Obviously he wiped out that account as he started again in May.
The £10,000 account is down £600 but he is making out he is doing amazingly well after making £210. Oh I have just realised, MTB way is ignore your losses, just count your gains :LOL:
MT7A.JPG

Obviously the numbers were not dramatic enough so the demo account changes to a £155,000 account. Now he can get screenshots of high gains. Remember the MTB method, ignore your losses (and if you wipe out your account just open another one).
MT8A.JPG

Last edited:
Oh no...

SiteDown.JPG

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Have they done a runner ?

Or just hidng and sneaking back as MTA Live ... or is it MTA Onlie they dont seem very sure what to call themseleves.

www.mtalive.com:
MTALive.JPG

Make 3-5% per day, guaranteed money hmmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks

Obviously there are people out there willing to pay £1400 for a course that will tell them the same as a $10 book would.

As shown in previous post, even their own traders lose money following the methods taught.

No matter how nice and believable Mike Douglas is, he is pedaling basic stuff most trading books will tell you and the method of so called trade planning (buy above this, sell below other) is a typical trainers con trick.

MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE FULL TRADE PLAN BEFORE POSITIONS ARE TAKEN AND THEN SEE ALL THE RESULTS.

Sorry for the capitals and bold, but people are still being fooled :)

BTW if you have fallen for the Mikd Douglas patter and think he is a good guy, he has been involved with at least 3 previous companies in different guises pedaling courses and so called mentoring in the past 4 years (thats 4 different companies in 4 years). He does not need to trade, if he gets 100 people a year to pay £1400 for a course, £140,000 in his pocket each year.
Got to admire how he keeps in the background so no dirt sticks :cool:

Last edited:
Hang on a min, Are you saying mike douglas cant trade ? I actually saw him make £36 from a £20 bet on youtube, this guy is up there with the best of em. BTW, reading matt travis's facebook page is a nights entertainment in its self, popcorn at the ready :LOL: :LOL:

Hang on a min, Are you saying mike douglas cant trade ? I actually saw him make £36 from a £20 bet on youtube, this guy is up there with the best of em. BTW, reading matt travis's facebook page is a nights entertainment in its self, popcorn at the ready :LOL: :LOL:

What I am saying is that anyone can plan 5 trades and only show the one that made money.

If you do not think Mike Douglas would do that, look at the fake photo's, screen shots, director anticts etc of Mastery Trading Academy he is working with, not to mention his 4 different companies in 4 years pedaling training. If he was any good at trading you think he would make a sucess of one of those businesses.

If he is any good at Trading why does he bother teacing, if its to help others and put something back, why charge £1400 per course?

And if he is any good, why have Mastery Trading Academy or Mike Douglas himself not taken up my challenge in the earlier post (post a plan of 4-5 trades before any positions taken so we can see how well they do). Simples :D

What I am saying is that anyone can plan 5 trades and only show the one that made money.

If you do not think Mike Douglas would do that, look at the fake photo's, screen shots, director anticts etc of Mastery Trading Academy he is working with, not to mention his 4 different companies in 4 years pedaling training. If he was any good at trading you think he would make a sucess of one of those businesses.

If he is any good at Trading why does he bother teacing, if its to help others and put something back, why charge £1400 per course?

And if he is any good, why have Mastery Trading Academy or Mike Douglas himself not taken up my challenge in the earlier post (post a plan of 4-5 trades before any positions taken so we can see how well they do). Simples :D

Sorry, you missed my humour, It was a tongue in cheek comment. Ive read through your thread and looked into their courses and the stuff matt travis claims, its obvious nether of them could trade the way out of a paper bag, Their just reeling in unsuspecting newbies and selling them false dreams.

Sorry, you missed my humour, It was a tongue in cheek comment. Ive read through your thread and looked into their courses and the stuff matt travis claims, its obvious nether of them could trade the way out of a paper bag, Their just reeling in unsuspecting newbies and selling them false dreams.

:eek: :D

They could talk their way out of the paper bag, but not trade their way out :LOL:

Has anyone heard of an internet millionaire Allen Gill, who claims to be making 300K monthly online ?
search for consistent profits, you'll see one of his videos which then transfers to a bbinary website.

This looks like a total scam to me, those numbers are wayyyyyy too big to be true.
Why make such an obviously desperate attempt at drawing in customers ?

Quick summary so we don't lose direction.

Mastery Trading Academy or MTA or is it now MTA LIVE are a group of people who left a company, then launched a smear campaign against said company and then started up a rival company. Underhanded tricks.

They use photos from other companies events (Training Traders) and screen shots of other companies software (Training Traders) on their website. They are conning people with fakes.

They claim to trade live, but it has been shown they use Demo accounts. Fake !

Their staff loose on average £1000 per day trading when following their own methods taught in their courses and then claim success. Lies.

The directors of the company have all but one resigned, perhaps they have a conscious :LOL:

Mike Douglas comes across as a nice believable guy but he is basically a confidence trickster telling people they will make 5-8% every day. He uses the old trick of planning 5 or more trades and only showing the one that makes a profit, hiding the losing trades.

See earlier posts for the evidence.

Why the need for the tricks, fakes and lies if they are legit and not a swindle ?

The challenge still stands for Mike Douglas and Mastery Trading Academy: post a plan of 5 trades on here before the positions are taken, then we can see if your method works or if it is a con. Simples :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.