Market Replay - Simulated Trading - emini Dow Jones 1 minute Chart

S

stemcin01

Good Evening Everyone,

I was just looking for some advice, if possible. I'm would like to test trade the emini dow jones with the 1 minute chart. I'm completely new to trading and would like to have a play about.

I've noticed the below company offering the market replay data and I've downloaded the ninjatrader software for free.

http://marketreplaydata.com

Does anyone know if it is possible to practice trade the emini dow jones with the 1 minute chart?

I don't mind paying to practice but for free would be better.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Regards
Stephen

You should be able to set up a couple of free sim accounts with various brokers who allow you to link their data feed to NT. You should not have to pay

Good Evening Everyone,

I was just looking for some advice, if possible. I'm would like to test trade the emini dow jones with the 1 minute chart. I'm completely new to trading and would like to have a play about.

I've noticed the below company offering the market replay data and I've downloaded the ninjatrader software for free.

http://marketreplaydata.com

Does anyone know if it is possible to practice trade the emini dow jones with the 1 minute chart?

I don't mind paying to practice but for free would be better.

Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

Regards
Stephen

Hi Stephen, as DJ says, plug in & try the 14 day trial. The 1 min will give you a great insight into the way price moves intraday.

The sim gives you a good idea of how it all works, but the sim can give you a false sense of security after a while if you find you are suddenly thinking "I am born for this" .... the moment you go from sim to real $ the game changes completely.

But as you go on you will find the 1 min is mostly noise with the guys/algos etc scalping the tick & 1 min charts, a bit full on, but they seem to have a handle on the lunacy of it. I trade higher time frames intraday (keeping an eye on the 1 min)

There is a few threads with guys calling live trades, but best to learn the movement of price your self.

Lots of threads on T2W, some good, some not so. Take it all with a degree of caution & amusement, don't believe all you read, people exaggerate their performance etc.

When you use real $ stay small, for as long as necessary. It takes quite a long time to get your head around the psychology side of this game.

good luck