market direction

ha. yeh i was thinking that for investing in US stocks for 1-2 months and using a few protective options reduces the need to be perfect on entry

just a futures thing huh?

ES pretty much leads all stocks in the long run anyways, so so important when investing in stocks to make sure the index is looking good too, stock traders can get blown away by the '5000' markets they can choose from, but realistically if you bought each one of them then most of them would end up the same anyway. same with forex, people look at 10 USD pairs and go short on all of them when they could just go short one...

just a futures thing huh?

ES pretty much leads all stocks in the long run anyways, so so important when investing in stocks to make sure the index is looking good too, stock traders can get blown away by the '5000' markets they can choose from, but realistically if you bought each one of them then most of them would end up the same anyway. same with forex, people look at 10 USD pairs and go short on all of them when they could just go short one...

very true.

also to add, with synthetics you can adjust your risk mid trade. for instance (like live cattle just now) if the market is moving against you but you are sitll 100% committed to your thesis, you can offload your hedge at a profit if the market starts to turn and make a profit in both directions. in theory of course :)

I tell you NM , if you want to make some money this week, fade me. Shocking week so far.

very true.

also to add, with synthetics you can adjust your risk mid trade. for instance (like live cattle just now) if the market is moving against you but you are sitll 100% committed to your thesis, you can offload your hedge at a profit if the market starts to turn and make a profit in both directions. in theory of course :)

yeh, whilst people going long the ES a few days ago without hedge got bum raped, those who went long and hedged with calls still woulda made bucket loads off the premium!so even i price spikes like hell (limit down or whatnot) you can make a killing off the premium, or just stay in the trade. Best thing is not closing the trade because 'hit my stop loss' but in your head you know 'mmm it could actually continue'... in theory :smart:

well natural gas finally made a move to the upside off the inventories as apposed to down, good sign! waited a while for it..

You short ES Roth?

Had a look at my 'circle of fade' thread/lunacy this morning only to find a fight and an anti-gravity cat had appeared.

next corn, again a buy

WTF is TF all about!? Another wannabe who takes leveraged products and 'unleverages' them.

Stick to stocks, leave the futures and other derivatives to the people who know how to trade them and use them properly.

Big stops, big time frames and small size,....wot a joke!

WTF is TF all about!? Another wannabe who takes leveraged products and 'unleverages' them.

Stick to stocks, leave the futures and other derivatives to the people who know how to trade them and use them properly.

Big stops, big time frames and small size,....wot a joke!

:LOL:

and you know what size i trade do you pal?

****ing clown get off my thread.

Thank f*ck for that!

Nobody knows what size anyone else actually trades on t2w unless you know each other in real so its a pointless arguement. Plus I don't know of any broker that offers 50p corn etc lol. Anyway tbf mr genics has called the market quite well in this thread and it's one of few where there is more polite discussion. Lets not turn it into yet another flaming thread. There are thousands already.