Man (Young man) Made Millions Spread betting

new_trader

Legendary member
About 10 years ago I read an article about a young man (early 20's I think) who made millions spreadbetting the FTSE. Does anyone know his name? If so can you please post it and if possible a link to any article about him on the web.

Thanks

Yep, Vince

doji Darren Winters
Chris Masters
Greg Secker

They're all 'self made multi millionaire traders' don't you know.

Not forgetting.....

anley said:
Yep, Vince

doji Darren Winters
Chris Masters
Greg Secker

They're all 'self made multi millionaire traders' don't you know.

Not forgetting the legendary "Rabbits foot" Malone from Blarney !! - the Irish Bond trader.

The word "Selling" after the word "Millions" and the word "Courses" after the word "Spreadbetting" are what was missing from your above post :)

Paul

Trader333 said:
The word "Selling" after the word "Millions" and the word "Courses" after the word "Spreadbetting" are what was missing from your above post :)

Paul

Yes, I am starting to think you are right :LOL:

I was living in Australia at the time and the article appeared in a small section of the newspaper which briefly reports news from around the world, this story came from the UK and it caught my eye for 2 reasons.

1) I'd never heard of spread betting an Index
2) The fact that someone made millions from doing it

From what I remember he wasn't a professional broker or trader and he surprised his family when he bought them expensive gifts for Christmas. I (mistakenly) thought it was big(ger) news in the UK. Maybe it never really happened. :confused:

the only people who make serious monet spreadbetting are the gaffers who run the shop - and the odd lucky punter (but they usually end up giving it back confusing luck with skill)

jmo.

charliechan said:
the only people who make serious monet spreadbetting are the gaffers who run the shop - and the odd lucky punter (but they usually end up giving it back confusing luck with skill)

jmo.

Given your lack of knowledge about stamp duty on UK shares, and lack of any experience with spreadbetting, why do you feel inclined to continually comment on a subject you so clearly know nothing about?

Here's to another few years of complete luck on my behalf.

UTB

I was wondering who Vince Stanzione was.

Someone gave me one of his video seminars, promises the keys to the kingdom but ultimately it's just the same old re-hashed stuff.

He made his money by being long, for the long haul, in a decidedly significant bull market, and was wise enough to get out before it crashed.

Time tested technique, guaranteed to make you rich.

Trader333 said:

Paul

Paul - perhaps hese guys have got more sense than most of us in that they have found a relatively low risk way to pad their bank account............. ???? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't we rather be Shepherds than Sheep ?

charliechan said:

jmo.

It can be done (make money on spreadbetting) One example is JillB on her journal she has made more than 1900points and success rate of more than 75%. I am sure there will few more people like her.

bizmanny said:
It can be done (make money on spreadbetting) One example is JillB on her journal she has made more than 1900points and success rate of more than 75%. I am sure there will few more people like her.

If you are trading a system where the long term average points per trade is less than the spread you won’t make money. I thought this would be true with any platform you use. Otherwise, making money through spreadbetting shouldn't be any different from a direct access broker. Unless I am mising something obvious?

I read the story of a young City broker, who had a long spread bet on the FTSE, lasting quite a few months, made 1.5 mill, but was £1000 per point, with a large account. His initial risk was over £100k.

Helps to start big.

zigglewigler said:
I read the story of a young City broker, who had a long spread bet on the FTSE, lasting quite a few months, made 1.5 mill, but was £1000 per point, with a large account. His initial risk was over £100k.

Helps to start big.

Plenty of cash, proven system and discpline always help.

For any true trader there is no place for luck in their strategy.

Paul

Oh really Paul! Actually, statistically speaking, for any given trade on a typical strategy (e.g. 50% win rate), it is almost all luck! What you mean is that the 'luck' diminishes as the number of observations (trades) increases. So, for a trader over the long run (thousands of trades over several years in different markets) the amount of money you make tends toward the 'correct' amount based on how successful your strategy is in the market - the 'luck' element diminishes proportionately.

I was referring to what is included in a traders "Strategy" not that people who place trades can or cannot be lucky. Ask any trader on this site if they include luck as an element of their strategy ?

Also it is wrong to assume that the success rate for any trade is 50% as when all factors are considered it is significantly less than this.

Paul