Macro Trading Ideas

first time i've had more than just a thought they might bring back the 1 year unlimited repo. certainly yhere was plenty of interest in the usual strategies on the early rally.

Yep, people have started talking about the various ECB "big bazookas". Resumption of 1y unlimited repos is one possibility. The other one is good ol' QE, but in proper size.

problem is what do they buy? covered bonds still, or govt debt. and how do they decide who's to buy and how much? if they focus on ailing debt markets the bund will collapse.....

At this point it would have to be govt debt and it would have to be bought in girth, to nip this in the bud. Otherwise, it's back to square one. As to how they do it, I don't know. I don't think they can play favorites, so they'd have to work out some sort of ratios.

problem is what do they buy? covered bonds still, or govt debt. and how do they decide who's to buy and how much? if they focus on ailing debt markets the bund will collapse.....

and i think most people are waiting for merkle to winthe her election, back the greek bail out, trichet gets his balls out ans buys perpiheral bonds and the bund can finally tank and steepen the curve............BUT for the moment im playing the "end of the eurozone card" flatenning the bor strip and buying debt....

Gecko i've studied LIBOR somewhat but not totally sure what it is, i think that it's:
the interest rate offered to the london interbank market for lending other currencies? It's calculated by removing the upper and lower quartiles and then taking the average of something like 16 banks? any help is appreciated :)