MA Envelopes

patchc

Can anybody help me. I am not a programmer and therefore can not programme a simple ma with envelopes +/- 0.0016 say, an input (forex) above and below the SMA. Can someone post the code please.
Thanks in advance.

You dont need to program anything. The moving average indicator has properties that can be set that will plot an envelope, when setting the properties for the moving average, look for a tab labelled "levels", and you can add an upper and lower band. If you want 16 pips, you need to add levels as 16 and -16

What he said, but with more, hmming, sighing, tutting and shaking of my head to make it look like I'm being clever.

As you’re in help the newbies mode…
Does anyone have code for an indicator (for MetaTrader) that will draw a horizontal lines for the High and the Low of a given start-to-finish period?

E.G. A horizontal line for the High of the 09:00 to 11:00 GMT period and a horizontal line for the Low of that same period.

I have code that will do it for ‘a specified number of bars back’, but can’t don’t currently have the skills to bend it into use for this purpose.

edit: I'll post on it's own thread as well as I'd like to slay this one today is poss....

Last edited:
MA above and below percentage

You dont need to program anything. The moving average indicator has properties that can be set that will plot an envelope, when setting the properties for the moving average, look for a tab labelled "levels", and you can add an upper and lower band. If you want 16 pips, you need to add levels as 16 and -16

I too am looking for a way to use the MA on Metatrader with a half percent AND 1.5 above and % below the MA line -Can't seem to figure it out. Pretty sure I am not the only one looking for this answer.
Want to be fantastically popular and loved? Answer this question! (Though you might not be either, as a result - But I will thank you...) :D