Is Lurker Lurker really Jesse Livermore?

bond_trader1

I wanted to start this thread to pose the question as to whether Lurker Lurker (T2W's frequent poster and author of an excellent journal) is really Jesse Livermore reincarnated?

I believe he is.

YES , you may be right

I wanted to start this thread to pose the question as to whether Lurker Lurker (T2W's frequent poster and author of an excellent journal) is really Jesse Livermore reincarnated?

Hi Bond trader,

An interesting observation :(

I believe he is.

Yes I feel you may well be right, I can"t say for sure because I no nothing. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Trade well Lurker, :p

Last edited:
Thanks guys - that's very flattering.

I seem to have an ability to call quick and rapid Dow reversals in fast markets, but that is about it. I've managed to get within a few ticks of the low or high more than once*, but apart from that I'm a pretty talentless novice. My trading has improved over the year (measured by my P&L - perhaps my attitude is worse), and I think I am making some good progress.

Stay tuned to my journal - I'm entering a new stage of trading, and will post more information soon.

Go get em Jesse

Thanks guys - that's very flattering.

I seem to have an ability to call quick and rapid Dow reversals in fast markets, but that is about it. I've managed to get within a few ticks of the low or high more than once*, but apart from that I'm a pretty talentless novice. My trading has improved over the year (measured by my P&L - perhaps my attitude is worse), and I think I am making some good progress.

Stay tuned to my journal - I'm entering a new stage of trading, and will post more information soon.

Hi Lurker

Thats the boy, I new you"d bounce, :p

Old Jesse Livermore would be proud of that attitude IMO

Andy AKA

What An Insult!

I believe he is.

What an absolute insult to Jesse Livermore this thread is :mad: :mad:

Jesse Livermore did HIS OWN figuring and didn't jump from thread to thread hoping to follow the next best indicator system or read the ravings of a self professed guru :rolleyes:

Here is a good example of LurkerLurker "Logic"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=369014&postcount=8000

Not me! Some of DCs calls have been good, but I don't place orders based on figures quoted on an Internet BB.

Did anyone buy 13228 when it was first hit? Did anyone get out in 20 minutes for a profit? Who got stopped out?

I don't trade this market intra day, but I've been following TD's thread "Making Money Trading" (link in sig) and have found his setups interesting. Here is my take on a possible Dow setup.

And I'm giving in and using the "cash" price for this post since everyone else is.

Perhaps a target based on local resistance on the H1, or perhaps exit MOC if the daily did not confirm.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=366833&postcount=187

For some reason, DT has decided to edit the live call post. For the avoidance of doubt, this call was made in real time. I refer to my post above indicating my intention to follow this call, and attach a screenshot of my fill.

DT - please don't edit your live calls - you could be accused of changing the direction or fill price after the fact. I can imagine that this thread will contain many successful trades, with positive expectancy in the long run - it would be nice to preserve an accurate timestamped public record of your insights.

N.B: I will probably be banned for writing this even though OPTIONS can get away with saying anything he wants about other members :rolleyes:

If you can't tell the difference between an insult and a light hearted attempt at a compliment then you should really take a long hard look at yourself.
new_trader said:
Jesse Livermore did HIS OWN figuring and didn't jump from thread to thread hoping to follow the next best indicator system or read the ravings of a self professed guru :rolleyes:
By "the ravings of a self professed guru" and the fact you quote Lurker's reference to Trader_Dante's thread I'm going to assume you mean T_D with the reference to self professed guru.

Firstly, he has never professed any such thing.

Secondly, even if he had, how is Lurker reading T_D's posts any different to your being a devout disciple of Socrates? Except of course that T_D is actually laying out some that is verifiable and quantifiable(be it good or bad in your opinion) whereas Socrates refused to ever put anything verifiable and quantifiable down in writing.
new_trader said:
N.B: I will probably be banned for writing this even though OPTIONS can get away with saying anything he wants about other members :rolleyes:
Wouldn't that just make your day? Isn't that exactly what you are hoping happens?

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW, you have been a member of this forum for as long as I have. You are still talking pin bars and asking for confirmation...:rolleyes:

PKFFW, you have been a member of this forum for as long as I have. You are still talking pin bars and asking for confirmation...:rolleyes:
I wonder at the point of your post? It in no way addresses my post. If you are trying to be subtly insulting you will have to try harder than that. If you are attempting to suggest you are so far advance of where I am in this trading game then give yourself a pat on the back if that is important to you. Frankly I could not care less if you are or not. My skill level and eventual success is in no way related to you or your ability.

I have no problem at all admiting I am still learning and searching. I'm investigating ideas and concepts. Trying to fit it all together to get an handle on this trading business. I'm not a master and have never claimed to be.

What I am not doing is pretending I am successful without offering any sort of proof. I am not waffling on about things that are important to me as if they are the be all and end all of the world and claiming that anyone who disagrees is a monkey. I am not endlessly discussing esoteric, unverifiable and unquantifiable ideas that are nothing more than opinions and claiming they are the absolute truth. I am not abusing and insulting any who disagree with me whilst at the same time refusing to objectively and logically argue my point in a civilised manner. I am also not intentionally insulting others just for the fun of it.

Those are all things you are doing. It begs the questions........if you are so successful and hold the key to the treasure chamber, if you are so much more advanced than everyone else on this board, if you are so gifted......

1: Why the need to come on here and be intentionally confrontational and rude?
2: Why the need to big note yourself? Do you crave validation from anonymous nicks on a BB that much?
3: If you are as truly successful as you so often claim to be why don't you ever back up your claims with verifiable proof? This wouldn't be an issue if you were not so rude and abusive to any who disagree with you. Claim whatever you like, just do so in a polite manner. If you are asked to show proof politely decline and all would be happy.

I wont hold my breath waiting for any sort of answer to my questions. Certainly not any answer that is civil and polite.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Mind your own business

PKFFW, you admitted in another post that you only attracted to my posts like a twisted individual is interested in looking at train wrecks. Why should I now oblige you? What you want is lessons in trading and I will not give you any, this is what really upsets you so much. My post in this thread was to bond_trader1 and it was regarding his comment about lurkerlurker and yet you and theblades stick your beak in! :rolleyes:

I say this all in the politest way possible of course.

PKFFW, you admitted in another post that you only attracted to my posts like a twisted individual is interested in looking at train wrecks. Why should I now oblige you? What you want is lessons in trading and I will not give you any, this is what really upsets you so much. My post in this thread was to bond_trader1 and it was regarding his comment about lurkerlurker and yet you and theblades stick your beak in! :rolleyes:

I say this all in the politest way possible of course.

you respond to a light hearted post with a typically nasty and acidic reply. PKFFW put's into words what others can't say to you without being banned.

You're a trouble causer and attention seeker. Don't then be suprised that you get the attention.

UTB

you respond to a light hearted post with a typically nasty and acidic reply. PKFFW put's into words what others can't say to you without being banned.

You're a trouble causer and attention seeker. Don't then be suprised that you get the attention.

UTB

Surprised? Hardly. You are far too predictable and a coward.... Sending insults through REPS :rolleyes:

Why are you here now arguing with me? What business is it of yours?

Surprised? Hardly. You are far too predictable and a coward.... Sending insults through REPS :rolleyes:

Why are you here now arguing with me? What business is it of yours?

sending insults through reps? You must be joking? Have you read my replies to you? They're hardly compliments fella.

Mind, being the personality that you are you'll never get 'em and wouldn't recognise one anyway.

As for the reps, it works both ways. My only regret is that the comparison I made was actually an insult to the beef bayonette.

UTB

sending insults through reps? You must be joking? Have you read my replies to you? They're hardly compliments fella.

Mind, being the personality that you are you'll never get 'em and wouldn't recognise one anyway.

As for the reps, it works both ways. My only regret is that the comparison I made was actually an insult to the beef bayonette.

UTB

Ohhh...I see...and I'M the trouble causing attention seeker...:rolleyes:

I thought I told you to stay away from me...?:rolleyes:

non sequitur

Here is a good example of LurkerLurker "Logic"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=369014&postcount=8000

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=366833&postcount=187

Those two quotes aren't a contradiction. There is a difference between seeing a trading strategy, deciding to adopt it for yourself, backtesting it, and taking the entries - that is what I did on the TD thread with the pin bars - I am buying because the system we were both using issued a signal which I decided to take. There is a difference between doing that and placing an order in the market to buy or sell at price X, not knowing how price X is derived or why you are trading on it (or even where your stop / target should be). If you don't see the distinction, then maybe you shouldn't be posting such comments.

As for looking for the next best system, can any profitable trader truly say they stuck with the first system they tried? Further, I don't use indicators! I use price action, candlestick patterns, and sometimes volume.

Now I've just wasted 3 minutes of my life on a troll...

I'm going to assume you mean T_D with the reference to self professed guru.

Firstly, he has never professed any such thing.

25-10-2007, 05:52 PM #1
trader_dante

Making Money Trading

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want to show you how to make money trading the markets"

So what else would you call it ? Saint Francis of Assissi ?

so why have you just asked TD for all his indicators ? and been roundly rebuked by him for doing so ?? :eek:

I asked fibonelli to list the indicators he used on that chart which resembles fluorescent spaghetti! I was wondering in particular what the square dots he indicated were. I don't use indicators - the post was a bit offtopic on TD's pin thread.

Tom, too quick for me as always :LOL:
I just deleted my post after seeing your explanation on TD's thread

damn ! You know my mission in life, well on these boards anyway, is winding folk up; now you've gone and spoilt a perfectly good one :devilish:

Tom, too quick for me as always :LOL:
I just deleted my post after seeing your explanation on TD's thread

damn ! You know my mission in life, well on these boards anyway, is winding folk up; now you've gone and spoilt a perfectly good one :devilish:

Thanks for being straight with me mate. How is your trading going this week?