Low Fee Brokers

Nowler

Experienced member
Hey folks,

What's the low fee broker that you are using for investing?
I need to find an additional broker as Trading212 too often dont have the companies I want to buy.

They keep telling me to post my suggestion in the community forum and if enough people like it, they will add it.
This made me chuckle... because if many people like it, then I no longer want it.

I'll continue to use T121 as they have most of what I want, and buying shares normally doesn't have a commission fee, but a second broker would be nice to address the shortfall.

I'm based in the UK

Hey folks,

I need to find an additional broker as Trading212 too often dont have the companies I want to buy.

They keep telling me to post my suggestion in the community forum and if enough people like it, they will add it.
This made me chuckle... because if many people like it, then I no longer want it.

I'll continue to use T121 as they have most of what I want, and buying shares normally doesn't have a commission fee, but a second broker would be nice to address the shortfall.

I'm based in the UK
It'll cost ya! lol.

That's privileged information.

Nhahhhh, message me if you're serious about a second account.

:)

Can you list some of the companies you are wanting to trade that are not available with your current broker ?

Can you list some of the companies you are wanting to trade that are not available with your current broker ?
I have the majority of my position in the sector accumulated, so, sure.

Bannerman & Deep Yellow for example.
They don't have the URA ETF either which is a real shame...

I think we should not only consider the low fee but also the quality of a broker. The broker should also be regulated and has good customer support.

Just to clarify Nowler, are you looking for these companies on a Trading 212 ISA account? When I was reading this Trading 212 review, it noted that general investment accounts give you access to more stocks than ISAs. I tried it myself and could find many, particularly Chinese companies, that didn't appear on ISAs but you could invest in on GIAs.

If you had looked on both and had no success, I think when it comes to low-fee trading , Freetrade is a company you can look at. I haven't personally tried them but as you can tell by the name, they've built their company around free/low-cost trading. Having said that, like many people have stated already, more often than not you get what you pay for with online brokers. Higher priced trading platforms, at least in theory, should offer a superior level of service. If you can look past the fees, Hargreaves Lansdown is a company I've invested with in the past and I consider them to be a solid, professional broker. Of course, it's ultimately up to you but there are a handful of options out there, it's just all about what suits you best.

Just to clarify Nowler, are you looking for these companies on a Trading 212 ISA account? When I was reading this Trading 212 review, it noted that general investment accounts give you access to more stocks than ISAs. I tried it myself and could find many, particularly Chinese companies, that didn't appear on ISAs but you could invest in on GIAs.

If you had looked on both and had no success, I think when it comes to low-fee trading , Freetrade is a company you can look at. I haven't personally tried them but as you can tell by the name, they've built their company around free/low-cost trading. Having said that, like many people have stated already, more often than not you get what you pay for with online brokers. Higher priced trading platforms, at least in theory, should offer a superior level of service. If you can look past the fees, Hargreaves Lansdown is a company I've invested with in the past and I consider them to be a solid, professional broker. Of course, it's ultimately up to you but there are a handful of options out there, it's just all about what suits you best.
Hey buddy,

Yeah I was looking for them within the ISA account - which as you rightly pointed out might not have some of the ones in the general invest account. However, there are many companies that I am keen on that are not offered on either account, hence my opening an account with a different broker.

I still use T212 for stocks I want that they offer.
I see no reason to pay higher fees to buy them with the other broker when I can get them cheaper with T212.

Hey buddy,

Yeah I was looking for them within the ISA account - which as you rightly pointed out might not have some of the ones in the general invest account. However, there are many companies that I am keen on that are not offered on either account, hence my opening an account with a different broker.

I still use T212 for stocks I want that they offer.
I see no reason to pay higher fees to buy them with the other broker when I can get them cheaper with T212.
Hi Nowler,

Yeah I understand- I've encountered the same problem myself. It's a pain having to use multiple brokers to give you access to a wider range of stocks but what can you do ay!

Still looking for a low-cost broker? I know that LonghornFX has a good variety of stocks with low spreads and they don't charge you for withdrawals. Not using them personally but I have a couple of friends that are using them.

Still looking for a low-cost broker? I know that LonghornFX has a good variety of stocks with low spreads and they don't charge you for withdrawals. Not using them personally but I have a couple of friends that are using them.
Do they offer Stocks and Share ISA for UK customers?

I'll be looking for a new broker that does in a few months.

Hey folks,

I'm based in the UK
I wonder if your broker suits you why you want to try something else, i.e. take additional risks? are there any constraints with your current broker?

I wonder if your broker suits you why you want to try something else, i.e. take additional risks? are there any constraints with your current broker?
The answer was in the post you quoted.
That broker doesn't offer enough companies.

I found another broker to use after I posted this but they don't offer an ISA for UK customers. It did the job for now as I can only pay into 1 ISA per year, but I am looking to find another ISA provider possibly for the 2022 tax year.

My money is only protected up to £70k or so with UK regulated brokers, so I would like to have another broker when pass that threshold

Nah, plenty of brokers out there.
I'll just find one that scratches my itch ;)

Do they offer Stocks and Share ISA for UK customers?

I'll be looking for a new broker that does in a few months.
They have US Stocks tradable via CFD (max leverage 1:20)
1636406744560.png

If you're in the UK Freetrade are worth a look. I use Vanguard for my ISA personally as I am happy to stick to index funds there.