Lost 25K as a long in the past year ... Gained 4K scalping in the past 3 days!

Well, I agree ... I am learning new tricks and it seems that scalping best suits my trading personality.

Lots of work but it actually works well.

To answer your question, I was long last year and some of 2009 because I was expecting big gains only to lose more then I bargained for ... didn't help that I was a rookie in trading. But have learned lots since then and looking to learn more.

Buying Bid - Selling ask spreads seems to work best for me. I got a bit greedy these past few days and didn't profit much, actually ... I broke even today. So I'm gonna stick to the initial method.

Still learning the ropes ... thanks for all your help / comments ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

No hostility, but have you heard from a magic website called Google? :whistling

Or you might try wikipedia or even Traderpedia here "on site" :innocent:

google is not a website.
Its a search engine.
I use yahoo.
Thanks ill have a look. (y)

I'm an oldie. You know, one of those characters who thinks that wireless is something you switch on for the Light Programme.

:D Even I know what Google is.

Thanks for small mercies. I know something around here that someone else doesn't.:clap:.

can someone explain in practical examples, how one can scalpel.
Can you use an online execution only broker, like sharecrazy or hoodless or selftrade?
I understand that Scalpers are looking to make the difference between the bid and the ask,
which is known as the spread.

Normally we have to buy at the "ask" price.....but the scalper wants to buy the "bid" price, correct? if what im writing here is correct, how is it acheived?

"td waterhouse direct-access brokerage account "

i was going to open a tdwaterhouse account the other day. looks good. I was gonna open a trading plus account. Is this a diff account from what you call a brokerage account?
Ive heard they only give you live pricing if you do 200 trades per month.

can someone explain in practical examples, how one can scalpel.
Can you use an online execution only broker, like sharecrazy or hoodless or selftrade?
I understand that Scalpers are looking to make the difference between the bid and the ask,
which is known as the spread.

Normally we have to buy at the "ask" price.....but the scalper wants to buy the "bid" price, correct? if what im writing here is correct, how is it acheived?

One uses a scalpel, but not for scalping as far as I know. It might be useful for spreading.

Did scalping first originate in North America or is it a Scandanavian thing ?

Also - does anyone here know how to tie shoelaces ? double knot is possible....

TDWaterhouse

Which account is the correct one which allows scalping?
The normal Trading or Trading Plus?

i was going to open a tdwaterhouse account the other day. looks good. I was gonna open a trading plus account. Is this a diff account from what you call a brokerage account?

How do I avoid reading posts like these?

You seem to be too lazy to read/research for yourself.

Let me put it easy for you: No effort equals no success.

Change or Lose ;)

I'm out of here :sleep:

How do I avoid reading posts like these?

You seem to be too lazy to read/research for yourself.

Let me put it easy for you: No effort equals no success.

Change or Lose ;)

I'm out of here :sleep:

i do my research matey. Theres just not an account thats called what the OP said he used. Ive read all the Waterhouse website.

Untrue, you have real-time level 2 quotes.
The difference is if you will need to pay for their active trader software or not.
If you trade more then 150 trades/month you get it for free ... if not you have to pay $100/month for active trader or $150/month for active trade plus.

They both work ok.
The only difference is AT Plus has some extra features that make it a bit easier to buy/sell.

Normally we have to buy at the "ask" price.....but the scalper wants to buy the "bid" price, correct? if what im writing here is correct, how is it done?

So i definately need the Live pricing? I cant do it without this extra add on? I dont think i will be making 150 trades per month.

So its cheaper to get Live pricing if you have a normal trader account, as compared to a Trader Plus account? They dont mention this, ive already opened a Plus account.
Ok, Plus sounds better.

So can you explain how scalping is done? Sorry, im a newbie learning.
In my current broker sites, i only have the option to buy the ask price.

Cheers.