looking for good markets to trade in the evening after 6.00p.m.

jimmy1

Hi
I have a fulltime job but am looking to trade futures when i get hom e in the evening, do you do this?
anyone know good liquid contracts that are tradable from 6-10 p.m.?
mainly scalping for a tick or 2
all help is appreciated

thanks johnnyt, also looking to see what kind of liquidity euro/usd has at these times

Thanks JonnyT

What is the stake per point for ES and NQ e minis. What will be the code to use in QT?

Thanks

ES is $50 per point, $12.5 per tick
YM is $5 per point/tick
NQ is $20 per point $10 per tick

JonnyT

Nasdaq stocks.

Some of the best moves are from 7-9 gmt.

Here is one from last night.

Cost would be $12 per round trip.1000 shares would need $2750 capital at 4/1 margin this would give the $11,000 to take the position.If one were lucky riding the move to $14 the profit would be $3000.

Attachments

• idsa1.gif
    idsa1.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
If you could have spotted it out of 500 others and if you could actually have bought 1000 shares without bad slippage.

Two big ifs in my book.

JonnyT

The way to find Nasdaq stocks worth keeping an eye on is with the use of a stock scanner.How do you think i found it.

The way to trade Nasdaq stocks and make sure you get filled with the amount you want is by being handy with your direct access orders using the Nasdaq level 2 direct access screen.ie Work your order.

If the spread opens up,great slip and buy on the bid and capture the spread. If this is a problem fine, scale in and scale out.

I never see problems only oppertunities.

Last edited:
Hi Naz,

You are a master of the art, the guy who posted is a novice hence my comments.

I agree entirely you can do what you say, but certainly not as a novice.

Nice to see a good positive attitude I could do with some of that!

PS I've noticed your miss-spelling of a certain word several times now ;o)

JonnyT

Naz- so did you actually ride that stock to $14 ? did you make the $3,000 you suggested was there?

Here is one that i rode tonight with my entry marked in the first screen shot and the exit on the highs in the second.How did i find it ?with a scanner.

I traded it using level 2 direct access and got out when the momentum slowed down?

I agree that the person asking the question might be a novice but many others may read the post and like to know just what is available out there to trade in the evening after work.As the poster says all help is appreciated.

Attachments

• issc.gif
    issc.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 455
  • issca.gif
    issca.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 391
Last edited: