Looking for equity EOD Feed

Mark Horp

Hello!
I hope some of you experienced guys can help me out.
I am looking for a cheap and reliable equity EOD feed for all major exchanges and smaller ones aswell.. Forex would also be a plus.

I have checked out a few, like Yahoo.Finance, which imo is not reliable and eoddata.com, which looks good with the xml web service, but it would be great if it would cover the European exchanges aswell.. and provide a little more history than only 3 years.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them!

Mark

I have checked out a few, like Yahoo.Finance, which imo is not reliable and eoddata.com, which looks good with the xml web service, but it would be great if it would cover the European exchanges aswell.. and provide a little more history than only 3 years.

I'm curious how do you decide if a datafeed is reliable? Is there a "perfect" feed which can be compared to?

In fact, the datafeeds simply pass on data that they receive from data suppliers. All of the datafeeds (e.g., Yahoo, Google, etc.) list their suppliers. In Yahoo's case this is CSI. If there is a problem it lies with the data supplier and I don't know how to rank them. Perhaps the only way is against the exchanges.

Yahoo! has EOD histories. Note the currency histories will have to have their calanders synced to any composite with equities (CSV format - includes adjusted close) stocks here (symbol=RHT):

Download with Yahoos button download or work a request response.

You can even find free real time quotes - if you look :) . That particular little nugget also offers 50 and 200 SMA, Act / Est EPS, Dividend, Short Rate, EPITDA and a whole bunch more in CSV format. You'd have to thrash request response to take advantage of the "real timey-ness" of the data. If you want it you will find it. The free ware "market apps" here, and here, use those services.

US Treasury histories (straight from horse's mouth) can be found here.

Hello!
I hope some of you experienced guys can help me out.
I am looking for a cheap and reliable equity EOD feed for all major exchanges and smaller ones aswell.. Forex would also be a plus.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions i would love to hear them!

Mark

Prorealtime is without doubt one of the best out there MArk

I use Kinetick with NinjaTrader. Anyone know if any other platform supports Kinetick?

For eod data, you can't go wrong with TC2000 from worden. I have used it for over a decade. I found yahoo eod has too many problems and errors. Plus TC2000 is supported natively by many trading packages and can also export price data as ascii-text.