Looking for a Good techinical Book

kalius

I'm looking to start learning some Technical analisys. I want to buy a book that besides explaining the basics, defines most (or all) indicators, how they are calculated, and uses for them.

Any suggestions?

_Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets_ by John Murphy is often called the Bible of TA. However, you can look up the basic definitions and examples of all the technical indicators and chart patterns on the Web for free, e.g. http://www.stockcharts.com/education/ Have a think about what indicators or patterns are actually measuring, and how that could be useful to you, if at all, before doing your serious research and testing. I.e., don't take them at face value.

kalius said:
I'm looking to start learning some Technical analisys. I want to buy a book that besides explaining the basics, defines most (or all) indicators, how they are calculated, and uses for them.

Any suggestions?

Hi kalios
my first book on tech analysis was Getting Started in Technical Analysis by Jack Schwager
I thought it was a good all round first book on the subject it uses bar charts not candles there is a minimal section at the back for explaining some indicators and yes the formulas too
I could post a list of them if you like let me know
oh yes and at the bottum of the bit that you rite your posts theres a speelll cheekc button comes in rather hangy sometimes :)

hope that helps you

Don

:)

How about "Technical Traders Guide to Computer Analysis of the Futures Markets" by Charles Lebeau?