Long Term Pension Fund Stock Choices

Chalky_trader

Hi All

I am mainly a daytrader but also have a SIPP that i manage.

The purpose of this thread however is to create a discussion on possible long term investment stocks suitable for addition to a SIPP.

I dont want to trade the SIPP to frequently and am looking for decent stocks to add that have a resonable and justifiable chance of at least doubling in value.

To Date i have a couple of banks that ive had for a while and added Lonmin all are showing decent gains so far.........

Any ideas hopefully backed with some genuine reason for adding the stock to a portfolio would be appreciated, either technical or fundamental discussions are relavent here ..( no rampers, or timewasters selling services please!!!)

Im hoping that other SIPP traders may contribute and also benefit themselves in the long run.

Chalky.

ok chalky
how long do u want to hold for ??
2 hours
2 days
2 weeks
2 months
2 years
????

ok chalky
how long do u want to hold for ??
2 hours
2 days
2 weeks
2 months
2 years
????

I Dont want to be watching them on a daily basis and expect minimum of three to six months holding. so long as they keep looking promising ill keep them.

I like recovery stocks like LMI, but have no real experience in the smaller stuff that may well give the best returns over time.

Do you manage a SIPP Dentist?

I am interested in transferring my pension to a SIPP. what SIPP provider do u recommend ?

I am too old to benefit from SIPP investment but this could be a great subject for discussion by the younger members who wish to take control of their future investment for retirement. Articles on using such cash sums saved over many years (annuities or living off the interest of savings accrued over years of SIPP saving ) could provide a pointer to the differences in investing in annnuities upon retirement or investing the capital saved in SIPPS over many years in interest bearing accounts.
what happens if the pensioned partner dies-at least, as far as I know, the surviving spouse gets the SIPP interest payments (Assuming total SIPP has been invested in an interest bearing account -not an annuity.
I realise this thread is dominated by discussion of short term trading but surely there is room for an important subject such as your future financial welfare?

I am too old to benefit from SIPP investment but this could be a great subject for discussion by the younger members who wish to take control of their future investment for retirement. Articles on using such cash sums saved over many years (annuities or living off the interest of savings accrued over years of SIPP saving ) could provide a pointer to the differences in investing in annnuities upon retirement or investing the capital saved in SIPPS over many years in interest bearing accounts.
what happens if the pensioned partner dies-at least, as far as I know, the surviving spouse gets the SIPP interest payments (Assuming total SIPP has been invested in an interest bearing account -not an annuity.
I realise this thread is dominated by discussion of short term trading but surely there is room for an important subject such as your future financial welfare?

Hi Neil

My SIPP investments have increased by over 50% in six months so i dont think you are too old to take charge at all!

Hi Neil

My SIPP investments have increased by over 50% in six months so i dont think you are too old to take charge at all!

My post refers to the longer term -years before retirement eg. 20+:)
Thus using the fund saved over the long term to fund your pension via income from such fund invested in a saving account (not to purchase an annuity).
But I get your point if you refer to actively managing your SIPP up to retirement and never cashing in along the way.;)

hey all

see my new thread re this subject ..........i'm in my 50's so not dead yet ..........no SIPP but savings I can utilise Naked or in a wrapper if it makes sense

I would ideally like to mix physical ownership of bonds and stocks for dividend yields but also ensure i am diversified into other markets and indices for capital growth (or even to defend my physical investments if they dip in value)........going long or short if tI can find suitable vehicles to do it

Game on
N

hey all

see my new thread re this subject ..........i'm in my 50's so not dead yet ..........no SIPP but savings I can utilise Naked or in a wrapper if it makes sense

I would ideally like to mix physical ownership of bonds and stocks for dividend yields but also ensure i am diversified into other markets and indices for capital growth (or even to defend my physical investments if they dip in value)........going long or short if tI can find suitable vehicles to do it

Game on
N

for stocks maybe a high divi stock like AGNC along with a mixure or high momentum stocks like AAPL, GOOG, AMZN and FB along with the slow growers like IBM, GE and SBUX