London Open and Daily Trend

Your point is proved by giving a sample over 6 times smaller that mines.
Where is your consistency here?

If mines was silly, yours doubly so lol

4th June attached, about 2 pips. So you picked 4 vrs 36 and one was very marginal.

Do it with my name like I done with your, they days will be fine.

I can see we are going to get nowhere with this..
Sniper, I'm not trying to prove anything. I have looked at this, some time back and gave up. All I did was choose the first pair that came up, and of those 4 days it proved there was little substance to your theory. All I would do now, is choose another 4 that didn't work, and then another 4, simply to show that for every time you find correlation, I could find loads that dont
You chose 6 pairs over 6 days, and there was substance in your theory over that incredibly small sample size.

what does this prove?
that if you trade pairs by starting with a letter closest to my username, you might be successful. guess what? I dont trade like that. I'm sure you dont either

I also dont trade on a sample size of 36. In order for this to have any validity, we would have to have a sample size going back years (that's generally my backtest criteria). If yours is 36, good luck to you.

Also, even if there was a correlation 35% of the time, I still wouldn't give it a second look. My success rate on my strategy is much much higher.

Now, this does bring up a useful lesson...sample sizes. why not start a thead on something like that. Or even choosing a strategy that will give you an edge.
Hey, why not a moving average crossover system :-0
I reckon I can find 36 times where there was a winning trade :LOL:
In fact, I could find a lot more if I optimised it...do you see my point now?

All I did was choose the first pair that came up, and of those 4 days it proved there was little substance to your theory.

What you did mate, was choose a pair, scroll past 4 perfect examples in a row and pick 4 behind it lol

You my friend, are legendary.

I don't know what you're all arguing about. Of course his London open system isn't going to work, he's just posting this crap so that a few gullible idiots will PM him and give him money.

Market opens and closes provide a spring board through increases in volatility, timezones mean London experiences increased volatility in the GBP pairs. Trading these open and closes is valid, and the same as every other system requires planning and strong r:r and mm. The thing that attracts me is the predictability of volatility at these times. For me it comes down to picking the open / closes not to trade that is key to opens / closes aka breakouts..

Peace and pips

I don't know what you're all arguing about. Of course his London open system isn't going to work, he's just posting this crap so that a few gullible idiots will PM him and give him money.

I never devised the system nor was I first to make the observation.

Of course it doesn't work, you are after all the authority on everything lol

I challenge you to prove it does not work with a sample equal to mines over any continuous 6 days that did not side trend (obviously it will not work in side trending markets)