London Meet - Mech Systems Traders

Next Meet
Feb 25 11 am slug & Lettuce,Chicheley street usual place - search thru posts for address,directions,etc

Count me in for your next meet. I've built my own algo system from the ground up using GFT's API for data and execution driven by NST as the grey box.

Count me in for your next meet. I've built my own algo system from the ground up using GFT's API for data and execution driven by NST as the grey box.

Don't wish to hijack the thread, but does NST mean NeuroShell Trader? If so, what do you think of it? I was under the impression it is difficult to build a productive neural system, and difficult to understand it if it works.
Cheers

Hey Dommo,

Yes, NST is Neuroshell Trader. It is a in the most part a very well designed and laid out program. There are also a variety of good add-ons available. Anyone can create a neural net in NST however to create robust ones does take a lot more perseverance. It really took me about 6-9 months of frequent use before I had much confidence in the neural nets I was producing. Having said that it has taken me 10-15 years to feel very comfortable with technical and fundamental analysis and 10 years to feel comfortable in my own trading/money management. If you do get it, you really need to be thorough with backtesting - ie use a large number of datapoints, backtest, make a change, backtest, make another change, backtest etc till you have a model. Then once you have a model try and work out which markets and market-modes on those markets it is applicable for - all while keeping repeatable notes (ie being scientific about it).

I'd recommend it, however only if you've got the time and patience to get on top of it. This will be worthwhile though. It certainly isn't a buy and trade the next day sort of solution.

I've used Metastock, amongst others, and have found this to be good however NST is much more powerful but you start with less pre-built stuff.

Hope that makes sense.

Stewart