LMAX Opinions

conorodr

HI All,

I know that there is another thread on LMAX but I am looking for genuine opinions from those who have traded on the platform and not those who just want to give an opinion on their model.

I am thinking of opening an account and would very much like to hear from traders with experience trading on the LMAX platform

Thanks

HI All,

I know that there is another thread on LMAX but I am looking for genuine opinions from those who have traded on the platform and not those who just want to give an opinion on their model.

I am thinking of opening an account and would very much like to hear from traders with experience trading on the LMAX platform

Thanks

I used them for their API which was excellent.

Hi,

I tried the MT4 account for a very short while, just as a test. Everything looked great and seem to be what is promised (although you probably should trade a long time at a broker to properly give an evaluation).

I know people who have and are trading there, never heard anything bad, only good feedback so far. I think they are adding to their liquidity pool as well in the coming months.

Hope that helps!

I'm not working with LMAX but I've heard only good things about his feed.

i have an account with them and use it occasionaly. I prefer to see all commissions in the spread rather than paying outside it....that is just a preference and is not to say LMAX is good. I dont like the chart package. At the end of the day you wil have done your research and probably found that they suit you better than others. At any rate you should have at least 3 / 4 accounts with various providers.

They are good if you are a broker. Being exchange, they can control price to low levels (either do themselves or ask their market makers to do for them). But again it is up to you with what you want from your broker. They gold price is very good. The no last look claim is rubbish (I cannot talk about as I am currently dealing with company with issue).
I use them for short time, it was ok but not suitable for my needs. I am now using real ECN broker.
Also I am worried about company; Goldman Sachs leave them, their owners left them. Why? ask yourself.

They are good if you are a broker. Being exchange, they can control price to low levels (either do themselves or ask their market makers to do for them). But again it is up to you with what you want from your broker. They gold price is very good. The no last look claim is rubbish (I cannot talk about as I am currently dealing with company with issue).
I use them for short time, it was ok but not suitable for my needs. I am now using real ECN broker.
Also I am worried about company; Goldman Sachs leave them, their owners left them. Why? ask yourself.

Well if you call a diluted 5% stake an 'owner' then it makes about as much sense as your other posts :p

What would be more relevant is that they had an MBO from Betfair, who were their real owners, not GS by any stretch of the imagination. Their recent volume increase has been exponential, but I will definitely be scrutinising their next set of financial results.

I've enjoyed their platform. Their IT-Finance package is a bit crap, but I don't use it to trade with them. Nomura joined their liquidity pool last week and the effect on the GJ spread has been interesting to say the least.

If you're looking for a UK based and regulated broker that scales down to 10k accounts and is just overall bloody good then get an account, sir!

Well if you call a diluted 5% stake an 'owner' then it makes about as much sense as your other posts :p

What would be more relevant is that they had an MBO from Betfair, who were their real owners, not GS by any stretch of the imagination. Their recent volume increase has been exponential, but I will definitely be scrutinising their next set of financial results.

I've enjoyed their platform. Their IT-Finance package is a bit crap, but I don't use it to trade with them. Nomura joined their liquidity pool last week and the effect on the GJ spread has been interesting to say the least.

If you're looking for a UK based and regulated broker that scales down to 10k accounts and is just overall bloody good then get an account, sir!

Heh heh heh, sorry Random, I think misread, that is what I meant, GS first leave them. Then their owners leave them. Sorry my English is not as good as yours (I divided both parties with comma but maybe grammar not correct then). So to clarify, first GS take out their stake and then Betfair sold company to the MD/CEO guy.
I used to use the IG platform, they use IT-Finance too; not the best, I agree.
I speak to an ex-worker there and he say, They are not making very much money.
I agree, if y ou have less than 10k then maybe worth a look, sir ;-)

Last edited: