Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

hope some of the old timers start visiting this thread again ------- need to go catch up again

I still visit and sometimes comment :)
I haven't traded forex much lately. I generally trade the US session and there is zero volatility anymore during US hours. Most days I'm lucky to get a 30 pip range in 8 hours on many crosses. I've been trading ES and US stocks lately. As volatile as GBPJPY is so far there's only 36 pips high to low for the last 7 hours and 32 pips for eurusd and it gets much worse in the afternoon here.

Peter

Ditto wackackypete. My average trade duration is 6 bars (90 mins). Last couple of weeks it's either been 2 bars or 20. Really tough to trade. Although I don't wish bad luck on anybody in their trading, it's a comfort to know it's not just me suffering.

Been planes trains and automobiles getting
into city tdy.
Just sold nzd usd .8285 with .8303 stop.
Just small possy to start the week.

Sold small nzd cad at .8620 with 44 stop.
Mkt must be awful if start looking for these
kind of trades to try to make money !

Stopped 80.84
Think that is 6 losses in a row !
Glad only small possy
Glad read lots if books on positive thinking !
Mkts like this you need to remain positive
even when not going well !

You've been a professional trader for quite a long time haven't you? I'm sure you've had worse spells in that time. Either way, your calls have been great to watch on the whole since you began posting.

Stopped 80.84
Think that is 6 losses in a row !
Glad only small possy
Glad read lots if books on positive thinking !
Mkts like this you need to remain positive
even when not going well !

Ditto scholfield's comments above.

If the expectancy of your methods are positive - which I am sure they must be - then 6 losses in a row can only increase the probabilities of the next 6 not being losses.

Accountability, Focus, Optimism. - Selk (thanks for the heads up).