Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

nice score are you taking double off when you lose for that count.

Thanks LF
When stopped I calculate that as complete pips unless stopped from 1/2 position. When closing 1/2 position - as 1/2 pip or if closing everything as complete etc.

BTW I'm not doing this to prove something - it's more for my analysis. Personally I think for all the effort and time results are average. I'm only surprised how I manage to keep monthly average around +150 knowing how unpredictable daily results are

Feb final score +150
Jan +14.5 (very few live calls)
Dec +160
Nov +146
You've given a summary of your aggregate absolute pip wins for these months, but do you also keep a summary of aggregate pips risked over those same months? It tells more of the story. Case in point my EJ trade above. +110 pips for the trade, but with the 300 pip stop I had in place represents a sub-baseline performance. I almost match your month total with a single trade, but it was a rubbish performer and possibly not as useful as any one of your trades. But without the risk to measure against, absolute pip gains say nothing other than you didn't lose. Need to be able to measure the pips you risked to make the pips you scored for it to be meaningful.

Thanks LF
When stopped I calculate that as complete pips unless stopped from 1/2 position. When closing 1/2 position - as 1/2 pip or if closing everything as complete etc.

BTW I'm not doing this to prove something - it's more for my analysis. Personally I think for all the effort and time results are average. I'm only surprised how I manage to keep monthly average around +150 knowing how unpredictable daily results are

sure,never do it to prove yourself,sadly no one really cares:( as we will probably never meet. Its simpler to count each 1/2s as full and double when you lose. at the end of the day i guess its cash that matters,but well done.

February has been my biggest pay day for a long time,probably since last Feb. I made a killing from nov 2011 till march 2012 and then scratched for rest of year. This year has been superb start again. No doubt ill be scrapping the rest of the year.I think ive also got a massive pip count this month but cant be bothered to check. Be nice if this cable goes back up to round the month off. Think this years been good for wacky so far as well. BP not calling as much as he used to.

You've given a summary of your aggregate absolute pip wins for these months, but do you also keep a summary of aggregate pips risked over those same months? It tells more of the story. Case in point my EJ trade above. +110 pips for the trade, but with the 300 pip stop I had in place represents a sub-baseline performance. I almost match your month total with a single trade, but it was a rubbish performer and possibly not as useful as any one of your trades. But without the risk to measure against, absolute pip gains say nothing other than you didn't lose. Need to be able to measure the pips you risked to make the pips you scored for it to be meaningful.

It's just a pips count - nothing else. I risk from 1 to 3% per trade. My stops are on average from 20 to 30 pips away and rough guess would be that 10 pips represents less or around 1% of the account (for some very good set ups 10 pips could be more than 2% for me - but that's rare). Also for some poor set ups more than 30 pips could be only 1% - it depends.

In my case number of risked pips is higher than number of gained pips - I rely on high success rate in order to make up for poor r/r. There are few trades where I've managed to achieve good r/r, but they are rare.

Price tests deep into the extreme of that previous 1hr/4hr/minor daily swing hi zone and finds more supply at the 2 x fibs one of which is shown on pic below...other is 23.6% 5809-5080...1hr screenshot below shows the potential support zones and fibs to the downside.

G/L

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 148

Im sure he does,but even if he didnt and you do,it does not by any means make either of you right. There are many ways traders feel they can skin the cat. Many make a living of sub baseline performance. Like you I prefer to have R/R strongly in my favour but I know some that dont. Believing that everything told to us in a trading book is the way to go forward is imho about as worthwhile as paying for training from the so called mentor legends. The moments before and as we enter a trade, a complete set of alien emotions take over our brains and no book can teach you how to deal with that.