Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

short audusd now

also short s and p from 1387, 10 point stop 10 point target

not for the faint hearted today

Very true.
Thats a big stop on audusd that you have milka. You'd probably know before then if your trade had gone wrong. Are your stops fixed in stone or would you cut it short?
Having said that, its already gone a fair way today so you shouldn't need it. If your target is that big, are you holding over the weekend if necessary?

Getting short (half position)

EURGBP: 0.79101

SL: 20 points

Its hard for me not to take it.

Chart of entry short:

Attachments

• entry.gif
    entry.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 102
Very true.
Thats a big stop on audusd that you have milka. You'd probably know before then if your trade had gone wrong. Are your stops fixed in stone or would you cut it short?
Having said that, its already gone a fair way today so you shouldn't need it. If your target is that big, are you holding over the weekend if necessary?

My stops are pretty much a disaster stop, I am not saying they cant be hit as anything can happen but usually I can manage my way out of a position before to much damage is done. In my opinion I find people put to much pressure on themselves with tight stops and big size positions

its much easier to enter a trade and then manage your trade as you watch price action

I try not to go into a weekend with any trades on especially with current events but I will decide that later on

Im happy with my EURGBP but if it were Thursday i`d also be shorting NZDUSD here @ 0.81927

short audusd now

also short s and p from 1387, 10 point stop 10 point target

not for the faint hearted today

Managed to close out my positions last night before the close, was out so
Did not get a chance to post

Audusd was -2 pips

S and p 500 -2.3 points

Have a good weekend

if anyone's interested, here's a nice little spreadsheet (calibrated for gbp/usd . . . and other pairs whose arithmetic is the same) for you to track your results. Just enter your entry and exit on the C and D columns, using negative numbers if you're shorting - it will calculate everything else. It compounds automatically, but you can enter the lot size for yourself (based on microlots with 50:1 lev) if you prefer to not compound - and on the very far right (cell T2) you can adjust how much you want to risk per pip, and again, it will calculate automatically. Enter your initial account value in cell F2 and again . . . it will calculate. Let me know if problems!

Then again, y'all were doing just fine before I barged in, huh? :p

Attachments

• forexTemplate.xls
    153.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Gone short on CHF/JPY 80.75

also watching USD/JPY this week to see which way it breaks.

Attachments

• CHFJPY.png
    CHFJPY.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 92
  • usdjpy.png
    usdjpy.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 96
Order (pending) long on EURUSD:

Entry: 1.23227
Stop: 1.22763
TP: 1.24048

(not entered yet)