Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I have many charting packages, but the volume studies only tell you contracts traded. My analysis studies volume to see if there is weight behind a move. For example if price is near a key monthly level is volume weak or strong at this point. I've found with the es the nyse volume works very well. Obviously you have to have studied it to realise if its light or strong volume for that time period, as volume will obviously increase with time.

Dont know how I would trade market profile without a charting package anyway!!

I sad that as there are various ones that will record this sort of data,but they cost more

I have many charting packages, but the volume studies only tell you contracts traded. My analysis studies volume to see if there is weight behind a move. For example if price is near a key monthly level is volume weak or strong at this point. I've found with the es the nyse volume works very well. Obviously you have to have studied it to realise if its light or strong volume for that time period, as volume will obviously increase with time.

Dont know how I would trade market profile without a charting package anyway!!

Don't forget that volume in late July and August is always thinner than in other months as well.

still hoping this aud/cad will fall of a cliff any time soon, im will ride out the news but may increase my stop. I believe that if that levels often hold ecven with news coming out.Were it to bust my stop then it probably would have anyway

We lets hope for some good figures then! I think because of the forecast being lower than the previous its edging upwards in anticipation of the forecast being correct (which it never is lol) but If it is then it`ll only have little to no impact on fundamental players... (not getting too caught up in any rationale or logical thinking behind figures, thats all.)

We`ll see.

have moved my stop on aud/cad to 65. It will mean i will lose a touch if stopped as i have already taken 1/2 off. The stop is just above the 60m t/l.seems to be creeping towards it. i was comfortable when price was lower but now only have 20 pips to play with,risky but so is trading

Orders AUDCAD:

E1: 1.05470
E2: 1.05525
E3: 1.05580

Stops on all: 1.05750 (total 67.5 - average 22.5)

(risk across all position total: 2%)

First TP: 1.05160 (obviously planning on letting runners) (total 109.5 - Average 36.5)

Entered: E1

Temporarily cancelled E3 ( degree of which it might get hit from here would invalidate the reason for entry)

short aud/usd at 1.0518 sl 1.0535

got to trade what i see with this chart,the rewards far outweigh the risks

Attachments

• 2012-07-31_1333.png
    2012-07-31_1333.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 104
Orders AUDCAD:

E1: 1.05470
E2: 1.05525
E3: 1.05580

Stops on all: 1.05750 (total 67.5 - average 22.5)

(risk across all position total: 2%)

First TP: 1.05160 (obviously planning on letting runners) (total 109.5 - Average 36.5)

I need to run down road to shops (5 minutes) - (average spread is 3 points give it or take on broker, so assume if E2 goes to 1.05555 then I am in, E3 is cancelled)

Seeing as I only have 0.66% (risk) on E1 (entered)

I will be looking for add to my position on strength depending of course how the trade plays out.

I need price to close (on D1) beneath 1.05159 for a strong daily bias for sell off.

Viewing other markets for set ups. (bit naffed off as I expected it more spiky around my entry for obvious reasons - missed my second entry by 2 points: still time to move higher either way)