Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Attachments

• AUDUSD t2w 2707.png
    AUDUSD t2w 2707.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 137
Hey Guys, I don't trade real account on fridays because I don't want to to be in a position where I am holding over the weekend. More to the point, tempted to hold a losing position over the weekend because I dont want to book a loss that isn't yet at my stop. You probably know what I'm talking about or you are a better trader than I!

Doesn't mean I stop analysing the markets though..It's nice to occasionally plan and watch trades without real bucks on the line..Over time this helps me condition the mind to not let the money aspect of my trades hinder my thought process.

I'll be keen to watch if this pans out in the NZD/USD at all today.

Hi, just got back in...did anyone take the sell at 8070? hope you took some money off the table if so.

Good stuff to those who grabbed some decent points today!

Looking at this short position coming Monday, if it doesnt play out before (obviously not holding over the weekend and suffering from potential gaps)

Have good weekend all! Off for some golf now!

Toodaloos!

Attachments

• usdchf.gif
    usdchf.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 124
-25..........+60 for the week, a few mistakes this week

Hi guys, seeing as I'm done for the week I thought I'd tally my p/l from only the trades I explicitly called live with stops and targets. If risking £100 per trade total profit = £353.

I will update this tally after every trade starting from next week.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

live/ public journal effect..............trading against your own plan

TP reached

*moral of the story, trade your own plan, not someone elses

Just to let you know I didn't necessarily disagree with your rationale when I made that joke saying "buying tops - selling bottoms" so I apologize if I put you off!

Just keep in mind though, your TP would have never been hit anyway... your stop would have first at -30 from where you entered....

You would have had a maximum draw down of -38 on where you entered before it turned to go into profit.

Either way you had the game plan for long, so I agree, definitely stick to what works for you if you have the confidence in your set-ups!

the kind of situation where I'd bracket with a Buy Stop and a Sell Stop and leave the direction guesswork out of it

Are you saying in the situation specifically in connection the EURJPY setup, you`d place orders above and below (sell and buy) at specific prices so that you`d in essence, capitalize from a break up and down (i.e. "bracket"?) with a pre-defined TP?

(assuming I am right on what you`re saying) Would you mind illustrating how you would actively trade that using the chart, in this situation, the EURJPY? (as I am curious to see how you view this because I have been interested in how people manage this once in the position)

Dom, thanks…….the post was just a reminder to me to stay focused on my own plan and not be distracted by others’ plans…….even if it is a loss

Good trading to you and see you next week……….when it all starts again :D

Just to let you know I didn't necessarily disagree with your rationale when I made that joke saying "buying tops - selling bottoms" so I apologize if I put you off!

Just keep in mind though, your TP would have never been hit anyway... your stop would have first at -30 from where you entered....

You would have had a maximum draw down of -38 on where you entered before it turned to go into profit.

Either way you had the game plan for long, so I agree, definitely stick to what works for you if you have the confidence in your set-ups!

Would you mind illustrating how you would actively trade that using the chart, in this situation, the EURJPY? (as I am curious to see how you view this because I have been interested in how people manage this once in the position)

on this occasion I would have got chopped to pieces !! :innocent:

but I still hold that it's the best way to get in at the start of a big move

Are you saying in the situation specifically in connection the EURJPY setup, you`d place orders above and below (sell and buy) at specific prices so that you`d in essence, capitalize from a break up and down (i.e. "bracket"?) with a pre-defined TP?

(assuming I am right on what you`re saying) Would you mind illustrating how you would actively trade that using the chart, in this situation, the EURJPY? (as I am curious to see how you view this because I have been interested in how people manage this once in the position)

This is my take on proceedings.

Attachments

• pivot trading.png
    pivot trading.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 122