Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Just an update on FTSE I moved my stop wider and allowed full risk profile of 2% with a view of the market holding and wider target. What I mean by this is, the stop was originally in place calculated from the lot size at a 1.5% risk to my account with both trades on. Now the stop is wider the risk profile is to my ceiling of 2%. I don't usually get this complicated on it but I like to lower my risk slightly if my week has been good, but I wont get too deep on this.

If it comes into profit I wont call it on here as aggregate because I didnt technically call it, which isnt fair nor worth anything as my original stop didnt stay as illustrated. Its in actual fact wider, but not by much.

(i`ll put the loss up of course!)

Last edited:
Still in cable long. If anyone is interested on my thoughts after the FTSE long trade i`ve written just brief notes on chart attached. Few errors, but as i`ve mentioned on the notes there, overall, i liked the trade.

I think a problem of mine on this particular trade (which i`ve noted in journal to review all trades at end of week) is to not make the market fit into my agenda.... i.e. the neckline forecast, seeing early warning signs on AUDUSD and the fact there was nothing really to slow it down on the old res new support side of things (or any real support) as well as the CS soldiers (although in reality we`d like to see longer and more consistent ranges to formally qualify). I guess its because I had various variables to give me confidence but not use the ones to give me correct warnings.

Need to be even more particular because I`ve found thats one of the highest rules on the priority list, be picky, you cant afford to take trades that dont cut it.

Attachments

• ftse-outcome.gif
    ftse-outcome.gif
    67.3 KB · Views: 125
short usd/jpy at 80.26 sl80.55

a pullback to the top line offers good r/r for a short.we are also at an area of previous resistance

morning all

as stated in other posts,got +20 for the first 1/2

Dom, please post details when taking trade,if its a previous limit order please state that,thanks

I haven't had one single signal today. What can you do...? (n)
Rules are there for a reason i guess.

Be happy you have the discipline to avoid getting in.

not even a whisper ?.........presume you are talking a higher TF ?

Mainly 5/15 mins tf. I also trade 1 hr but don't post these.
I had the set ups but no decent triggers, or the set ups didn't pass my 'stress test'. It didn't bother me in the morning because it all looked a bit mincy but i was in danger of missing out completely. I could have taken set-ups ex concepta but didn't want to jinx things because i've had such a good month. :clap:
(ex concepta is a latin phrase i've just made up! - i hope it means 'outside the system'...:smart:)
Anyway, they came along like buses with the pm plunge so i went home happy.

Mainly 5/15 mins tf. I also trade 1 hr but don't post these.
I had the set ups but no decent triggers, or the set ups didn't pass my 'stress test'. It didn't bother me in the morning because it all looked a bit mincy but i was in danger of missing out completely. I could have taken set-ups ex concepta but didn't want to jinx things because i've had such a good month. :clap:
(ex concepta is a latin phrase i've just made up! - i hope it means 'outside the system'...:smart:)
Anyway, they came along like buses with the pm plunge so i went home happy.

without knowing what you do I would always say its better to start with a very tight system and strict rules and then loosen it when needed

Against the average trader Joe out there I know already who is going to have the best chance of future success ....so keep it up ! (y)

The market always knows what it is doing ....so to be able to trade it ensure that you are 10000% clear on what your system does to trade it

N:smart:

entry long now on cable

TP hit on CABLE- +39.5

4 wins (although one was kind of a scratch)- 1 loss this week:

+39.5 - CABLE
-34 - FTSE
+80.1 - GBPJPY
+40 - AUDUSD
+1.3 - GBPUSD

Total: +126.9

Attachments

• cable-tp.gif
    cable-tp.gif
    45.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Chart im interested in and notes. I act when the market comes to me. If it doesn't play out as anticipated I ignore and move on. (details and drawings on charts are to illustrate things more clearly so others understand the basic thought process applied at this stage)

(regarding GBPUSD ^ days ago on the trade I took last night)

entry long now on cable[/QUOTE said:
(page 831 #6642)

You`ll see on the chart where my limits and stops are. Slightly revised from first post calling this trade days ago.

morning all

as stated in other posts,got +20 for the first 1/2

Dom, please post details when taking trade,if its a previous limit order please state that,thanks

If I haven't stated the exact price then you`ll see my limits and stops on every chart. I never place an order with out them. I will post the figures too if its not clear enough...

EDIT - You`ll see GBPUSD figures were, on stops, target and entry on page 829 #6630 (im not sure how I quote that into this post here (anyone know?) but its all there, only thing revised was target by a couple of pips)

Last edited:
stopped @ -34

Cable still long.

Hi dom,
i assume the -34 was the ftse but i noticed you went in at 5495 and then again at 5487. Is the -34 an average or a total? I did have a quick look through the posts and couldn't see what the stop(s) were. Apologies if you've posted this somewhere already and i've missed it.:)

Hi dom,
i assume the -34 was the ftse but i noticed you went in at 5495 and then again at 5487. Is the -34 an average or a total? I did have a quick look through the posts and couldn't see what the stop(s) were. Apologies if you've posted this somewhere already and i've missed it.:)

Yes, I mentioned on a previous post that I was late with updating on here as I was involved heavily on the trade itself, so I said if it came into profit I wouldn't total it as an aggregate (as its too late to post) but I would a loss.

Two ways of looking at it really, in pip terms its a -68 loss, in monetary terms because of the lot value spread over the entries its just a -34 to my pocket in relation to the average position size on every trade and its risk.

For some of you that may argue its the pips we`re counting, then i`ll post an average price entry for the trades I enter like that...

long dax 6302, stop 10.
Little pop through RN and days high. looks like clear air but all a bit docile today so only small stakes. Evern if it reaches 50% fib since yyesterdays high, r/r is good.

long dax 6302, stop 10.
Little pop through RN and days high. looks like clear air but all a bit docile today so only small stakes. Evern if it reaches 50% fib since yyesterdays high, r/r is good.

Just my 2 cents if you wouldnt mind, but you could be buying into a turning point here... I`ll upload a chart

Its just my thoughts as clearly as I could written down.

There are other factors I could look at but that's just the basics.

Attachments

• dax.gif
    dax.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 103
Its just my thoughts as clearly as I could written down.

There are other factors I could look at but that's just the basics.

Yep, good call dom, its all good. As time has gone by, i've gradually simplified the way i trade as i've tried and discarded various things. I think there's sometimes a danger that you can talk yourself out of a trade, or always find a reason why this happened or that happened. I had reservations about this as evidenced by smaller stake and i wouldn't have taken it if the r/r was poor but if you have a system that pays you trade it and suffer with good grace the inevitable losses when they occur.
If you don't buy a ticket...:)

Yep, good call dom, its all good. As time has gone by, i've gradually simplified the way i trade as i've tried and discarded various things. I think there's sometimes a danger that you can talk yourself out of a trade, or always find a reason why this happened or that happened. I had reservations about this as evidenced by smaller stake and i wouldn't have taken it if the r/r was poor but if you have a system that pays you trade it and suffer with good grace the inevitable losses when they occur.
If you don't buy a ticket...:)

If this works for you in the long run then fair one.

I personally think its crucial to be picky... Not being picky can be costly. When you`ve mentioned "..why this happened or that happened." I understand what you mean, however, if you have (not saying you don't) sufficient information from back testing, demoing, journal etc. you wont have that level of discretion to speak freely on whether or not you `think` its good or bad trade opportunity... Should be based upon hard facts and this is the process I go through but am still learning as I miss things (FTSE trade for example)

Dont get me wrong, i`ll take trades that were perfect but simply didn't work, but I am aiming for this to happen as little as possible. The other work brings in the money :)

Each to there own though if it works :)

eggs, suck, teach, grandmother....?

Hey, if you`re talking about me and my posts, then I apologize if its coming across that way?

I don't mean to preach just speaking aloud. If there is something you don`t like then just ask, tell me, what ever, im easy?