Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Eur/usd keeps bouncing off the line

Attachments

• 2012-02-08_1150.png
    2012-02-08_1150.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 96
look at the earlier chart i posted on eur/usd and then look at this.So far its touched the line 6 times and pulled away. May look like im trying to catch a falling knife.Not at all.These charts show it all. The amount of tyimes it hits the line is not overly important but the more it hits and comes away the bigger the fall can be. at this stage if it is going to break through then I would like to see a higher low as we approach the line.Ive sold aud and added in a couple of times,so am having a good day.

Attachments

• 2012-02-08_1556.png
    2012-02-08_1556.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 99
Ah, I see what you mean, Flash. This selloff move from half an hour ago was probably the break.

Although wouldn't it also mean that it's going to spike up hard if it breaks the 80?

Also, I've been wondering why you take out one lot once you reach some target. Doesn't it reduce profits on winners?

Ah, I see what you mean, Flash. This selloff move from half an hour ago was probably the break.

Although wouldn't it also mean that it's going to spike up hard if it breaks the 80?

Also, I've been wondering why you take out one lot once you reach some target. Doesn't it reduce profits on winners?

If you look at it straight,then yes it does look like the r/r is of cue.But because my stops are tight and I often get at least 1/2 off,in time the runners far out way the reasons for not doing it.Ive not had many big runners this year as yet,but a runner of over 100 pips can give me 3 or 4 trades. Alsoby taking 1/2 off,i am not emotionally attached to the trade so easier to see things clearly

I gotcha, Flash. I figured there might be a psycho aspect to it.

I've been thinking of splitting my own stakes, but it would be for entries for me. I'm kinda cue-ing off your own methodology, though it's rather a way to manage risk in my case.

We'll see, it's something I want to experiment with.

+4.

Didn't like the look of it.

Oooh... Feeling good I took the exit after all. :LOL:

Looking to go short now might be a bad idea. I think I pretty much missed this move since it came right out of the blue for me.

I have been sitting here just monitoring the euro/usd and watching it go up from yesterday. I was going to ask flash a question around lunch time about how much further the euro was going to rise. But then thinking about it I did not do much yesterday as all my trades were against me. I think this has caught a lot of people out...but now it is going down fast. Do you think it will go down past the 1.32 mark.

im seriously considering breaking my stakes into 1/2,1/4,1/4 and have done it from time to time,but dont call it as such as it would make the thread messy and hard to tally pips,so I just count double when I lose and take it off in 1/2s.Sometimes I leave a little bit runing but dont mention it. I also vary stakes a touch according to my gut feeling.I kept on about that euro as the 60 min chart looked so easy to call,but so easy to bast and say so in hindsight.

I have been sitting here just monitoring the euro/usd and watching it go up from yesterday. I was going to ask flash a question around lunch time about how much further the euro was going to rise. But then thinking about it I did not do much yesterday as all my trades were against me. I think this has caught a lot of people out...but now it is going down fast. Do you think it will go down past the 1.32 mark.

May well do so.I had it down from the 1.3280 level as in my chart, so was always a seller(althought mainly aud in correlation). Anything can change so I just trade of levels on my charts