Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I've been biased to the short side for a long time. Markets tend to fall faster and further than they rise so I see shorting as having better chance of success in a short period of time. Just my opinion though.

Peter

id agree for the indices but not for forex,surely as pairs are expressed different ways that cant apply. Most retail traders trade eur/gbp but a lot of banks trade the gbp/eur

I've also been leaning towards shorting, but I've as yet not seen any difference in the speed of a rise/fall. Either can be equally fast in Forex because of the currency duality.

In equities, it's a different story because the bias is long. So falls tend to be much more abrupt.

standard t/l pullback

Attachments

• 2011-12-15_1859.png
    2011-12-15_1859.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 102
id agree for the indices but not for forex,surely as pairs are expressed different ways that cant apply. Most retail traders trade eur/gbp but a lot of banks trade the gbp/eur

OK, no problem. In the London session that may be correct about eurgbp, but during the US session, by far the highest volume by both retail traders and banks is eurusd. Since this is what I trade most that is what my opinion and experience is based on.

Different parts of the world have different perspectives :)

Peter

Short Silver at 28.95, stop at 29.50. Anyone reckon we are headed back down to $26? Seems there is a small pin bar forming on the daily though.

OK, no problem. In the London session that may be correct about eurgbp, but during the US session, by far the highest volume by both retail traders and banks is eurusd. Since this is what I trade most that is what my opinion and experience is based on.

Different parts of the world have different perspectives :)

Peter

yep, I just think im naturally pessimistic so generally sell and have got inbuilt patterns in my mind that I look for

85% of my trades are shorts,must be the patterns i see i am used to seeing that way,its easier to see patterns that way. Anyone else have more shorts than longs or vice versa

I'd agree. Over 2 weeks ive just scratched +20 and 90% of my trades re shorts.

Its just how im biased on a fundamental front atm + as has been mentioned, the downside seems to be more trendy on average in Fx.

Could well be imterested in this chat room LF.

Night all, see you at the crack of dawn tomoz

Busted out overnight on silver, got an order in to reverse and go long from 29.35 if it goes back to there, stop at 28.00. Bit close to 30.00 I know but it's still only 10p per point. Won't be able to call it live but order is in.

cant believe im shorting this pair,surely intervention again soon,its lost all of its gains,might take a long term bullish option. Fallen over 50% since 2008

Attachments

• 2011-12-16_0738.png
    2011-12-16_0738.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 125