Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

If it weren't for the FOMC i`d take this long area 82.224 area of CHFJPY.

But I am staying out until after.

(only with a view of 20+)

anyone kicking butt and taking names ?.....are you trusting the USD fall ?

short aud/usd at 1.0562 sl 1.0578

had to risk a few more pips as still below line and hoping that last spike was the end of the upward run but not looking good

Looking for a bit of momentum here on this trade.

Will be watching next couple of hours.

(update: took because NZDUSD also looks bearish for confluence)

Well worst week (and first week down) i`ve had in 3 months.

DAX - - 84.5 = -2.03%
NZDUSD -23.7 = -1.99%
GBPJPY +35.1 = +2.59%
EURJPY -30.1 = -2.03%
AUDUSD -35.2 = -2.08%

Total: -5.54% / -138.4 points.

Its hard to stay focused and on task when you see results like this. Also its difficult not to make excuses but I do believe a lot this week could be down more to fundamental trading as apposed to technical set-ups.

Staying positive and structured moving forward.

Well worst week (and first week down) i`ve had in 3 months.

DAX - - 84.5 = -2.03%
NZDUSD -23.7 = -1.99%
GBPJPY +35.1 = +2.59%
EURJPY -30.1 = -2.03%
AUDUSD -35.2 = -2.08%

Total: -5.54% / -138.4 points.

Its hard to stay focused and on task when you see results like this. Also its difficult not to make excuses but I do believe a lot this week could be down more to fundamental trading as apposed to technical set-ups.

Staying positive and structured moving forward.

no its not,remember the last 3 months,have to accept loses,hard i know,5% 138 pips 1 good winner and your back in business.keep pulling the trigger when its right.theres no way you can be wrong in what you do with 3 months ahead

I am going back through all my notes on all my trades to see any discrepancies (not to tweak or change but to learn from) because I feel that the set-ups I have taken this week (and ESPECIALLY the one the next day I got back from Cyprus = which was a pile of dog **** non existent set up) differentiate slightly from others.

Thing is, I know I have one type of set up that is ridiculously good and when I see it form I feel an obligation to pounce on it. But this happens at most once a week (and thats if I am lucky)

The rest (2 others) are harder to discover which ones to take and which to avoid and I think thats whats happened this week. This isnt a coincidence, but the profitable trade of 2.59% was my best set ups I look for.

But I need to take more and get my money working because I need the right balance of trades per day to keep me satisfied and more importantly, evolve my knowledge.

Onwards and upwards!

Heres one of those set ups that give me the highest success rate (about to happen)

Red is stop blue is TP. Purchasing at the market.

Attachments

• nzdchf.gif
    nzdchf.gif
    60.7 KB · Views: 101
Its getting late into Friday now and Im sitting on the fence with getting in this long.

Average trade length is 8 hours and I dont want to risk holding over the weekend...

I think for me this will either rebound sharply with momentum (potentially now) or it`ll consolidate upwards HOWEVER with the risk of gaps over the weekend making it void.

Unless price wants to drop within next 20 minutes I`ll be avoiding this one sadly all because of the day we`re on... (shame because its my best set up)

If I chose to enter it would be here (hyperthetically)

Entry:0.76955
SL:0.76636

(this is not live - its too late on a Friday)