Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Guys,

Please put the entry price and and stop when you take the trade. This thread is for live calls, not late calls,not calls on spikes,etc,etc.

Had my fun. See ya peeps. I don't think my calls are suitable for here, and it's also a distraction for me in a fast paced market. Hope you will get your five stars back now that I will take my clown with me.

out now +80.1

Attachments

• outnow.gif
    outnow.gif
    40.4 KB · Views: 112
Guys,

Please put the entry price and and stop when you take the trade. This thread is for live calls, not late calls,not calls on spikes,etc,etc.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%(y)

At least there should be a precise entry point with a stop at the time of the entry or order. It would be a bonus to have an explanation about the trades as well - for the followers keen to learn about trading.

If it can't be done, why not post somewhere else - most of the other threads are for late and hindsight trades:)

Had my fun. See ya peeps. I don't think my calls are suitable for here, and it's also a distraction for me in a fast paced market. Hope you will get your five stars back now that I will take my clown with me.

Ok, well no matter how much of an idiot I think you are, its not nice to lose! So im sorry for those losses but we all have them!

I think re-evaluating your game plan, i.e going through your check list is crucial as you don't seem as in control as you`d like to be?

Just my 2 cents im sure aren't welcome, but, meh....

Last edited:
Guys,

Please put the entry price and and stop when you take the trade. This thread is for live calls, not late calls,not calls on spikes,etc,etc.

Fair one, i`ve been railed in the past by people saying that i`ve edited my posts so therefore I posted a few times so there are no discrepancies. My posts are clearly time stamped with my intentions way in advanced, just in case you`re in any way insinuating I didn't take action on the trade I proposed.

Will be sure to post more effectively next time, It happened very fast paced and usually I forecast like AUDUSD with orders, but this one came quickly....

:)

Guys,

Please put the entry price and and stop when you take the trade. This thread is for live calls, not late calls,not calls on spikes,etc,etc.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%(y)

At least there should be a precise entry point with a stop at the time of the entry or order. It would be a bonus to have an explanation about the trades as well - for the followers keen to learn about trading.

If it can't be done, why not post somewhere else - most of the other threads are for late and hindsight trades:)

yep.
When i place a trade, it takes me a couple of mins to check it over - just my routine cos sometimes the trade looks different once you're actually in it. If, by the time i come to post, the price has moved more than a couple of pips, i won't even post because it invites doubt...

But don't knock hindsight trades! I love hindsight trades! I went short on eurusd may 2011 - its up 2300 pips already and counting. What a good trader i am...
(i'm thinking of moving the stop to break even soon.(y))

Order for short on AUDUSD.

Entry: 1.02225
Target: 1.01424
Stop: 1.02530

Risk: 30.5 (ex spread)
Reward: 80.1 (ex spread)

1:2.6 ratio.

Random thoughts:

Taking that all into consideration, r:r becomes realistically more complicated than just stating a simple ratio as i`ve done above. Reason of course depends on how the individual calls a trade early. Big discipline of mine is setting rules to exit early on potential bias change (whether that be PA, s/r stalling, CS reading, patterns etc).

This then of course effects the `true r:r` over its initial forecast and its that figure that truly reflects performance when talking risk:reward ratios.

If all goes to plan that is the potential estimated expectations.

Entered: screenshot,

EDIT: I am also interested averaging in, up to, 1.02430 as my third and last entry.

Attachments

• entry_audusd_1st.gif
    entry_audusd_1st.gif
    40.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
First entry on AUDUSD triggered (mentioned my order way back)

Thats perfectly acceptable for the thread. I only moan because there are so many journals on here which is why this has to be as live as possible. A few pips out now and again,sure anything else defeats the object. At the end of the day,we will never know who actually took what trade and who is who,it really doesnt matter,just has to be live trades. As others have said,it helps if we can say why we enter etc. I will make more effort in that area when I can

Thats perfectly acceptable for the thread. I only moan because there are so many journals on here which is why this has to be as live as possible. A few pips out now and again,sure anything else defeats the object. At the end of the day,we will never know who actually took what trade and who is who,it really doesnt matter,just has to be live trades. As others have said,it helps if we can say why we enter etc. I will make more effort in that area when I can

Yeah brilliant I agree, I think you`ll see after a while that my forecast and entries are usually done quite a way in advanced with stops and limits.

I completely respect the direction this thread should be going in regarding calls on trades.

Just in case anyone is interested, you`ll start to see a reoccurring pattern regarding one of a few basic set up`s I look to take.

Chart im interested in and notes. I act when the market comes to me. If it doesn't play out as anticipated I ignore and move on. (details and drawings on charts are to illustrate things more clearly so others understand the basic thought process applied at this stage)

(has chart)

What time frame do you trade?

Some food for thought, use chart I uploaded previously, you`ll see the similarities (page 802 #6414). Not entirely sure why you initially took that short and then switched direction as you were selling old resistance, now potential new support. Basic retest here, means warning sign no matter how you trade. Bias should always be in place even if your strategy is different from mine. Also look at the exponential MA` trending short time up. Whether you use these or not it gives me and im sure some more experienced traders (who use them) a baring on direction/trend just by simply applying some basic price action. The technical mechanics on entries, targets and stops is entirely up to you and what works best.

(sorry for edit, think previous notes wernt too clear)

(has chart)

GBPJPY looking good for a potential long

here` chart, just changing few stops and orders slightly.

There are basic principles involved in taking these trades, but as a whole it wont take a genius to figure out these are retests...

The difference is how and what rules I apply to differentiate these one` from others :)

(sorry for the length!) :)

But don't knock hindsight trades! I love hindsight trades!

From some hindsight trades one can learn - they are beneficial as well. But there are so many books, threads etc. about hindsight trading - some of them good for learning about trading and most of them just there to make money for somebody else.

Personally I prefer live trades (talking about set ups in advance and going through the process as it happens)

IMO it's not about proving how good one is at trading, it's more about getting a realistic picture about trading. It doesn't matter if calls end up in profit or loss - it's more important to see the idea behind. Then we can discuss and point some good and bad things about each trade - thus improving our trading skills. And I think live calls are the best for that purpose:)

Last edited:
From some hindsight trades one can learn - they are beneficial as well. But there are so many books, threads etc. about hindsight trading - some of them good for learning about trading and most of them just there to make money for somebody else.

Personally I prefer live trades (talking about set ups in advance and going through the process as it happens)

IMO it's not about proving how good one is at trading, it's more about getting a realistic picture about trading. It doesn't matter if calls end up in profit or loss - it's more important to see the idea behind. Then we can discuss and point some good and bad things about each trade - thus improving our trading skills. And I think live calls are the best for that purpose:)

your right, we all learn most from what weve seen and the mistakes of our own and others. Its just nice to have one thread where its live.