Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Short Eu 1.2597 stop @07

Stopped 10 pip stop lasted 1hr 10mins :LOL:

Attachments

• ani-twiddle02.gif
    ani-twiddle02.gif
    838.1 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Short EUR 1.26173. Random SL 1.2630. Target unknown. I woke up late or I would have gone in sooner.

Aud/chf is looking good for a short from the 9550 area. I will try and post more charts in morning in advance as posting as I take them may not always be possible. Usual set up,a pullback to the line,not the cleanest of PBs but worth taking with the R/R it takes

Attachments

• 2012-06-15_0809.png
    2012-06-15_0809.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 90
Short DAX 6218STOP @32

Stopped! Oh dear, that one got me banned for the rest of the day!

Last edited:
Short DAX 6218STOP @32

Hi Walter,

Just seen this trade, shot up quickly against - I feel your pain on that one.

I have 3 questions about this trade if I may ask.

You shorted at 6218 with a stop at 6232 (14pts) - No target mentioned

Q1) What if the dax typically bounced at the hundred level or there was a fight going on?

Q2) Upon you placing your trade the market was either already or was becoming very choppy and volatile - did this change your perception or ring alarm bells?

Q3) Prior to placing trades do you ensure there are no news breaks that could effect your trade - especially if running off technical analysis only?

Regards,

Lee Shepherd

Hi Walter,

Just seen this trade, shot up quickly against - I feel your pain on that one.

I have 3 questions about this trade if I may ask.

You shorted at 6218 with a stop at 6232 (14pts) - No target mentioned

Q1) What if the dax typically bounced at the hundred level or there was a fight going on?
I was up for it and hissing and kicking for the short posse

Q2) Upon you placing your trade the market was either already or was becoming very choppy and volatile - did this change your perception or ring alarm bells?
Not really, looked ok to my amateur eyes. I was looking for the break up to fail and then for it to fall off and then trade back down to 6180

Q3) Prior to placing trades do you ensure there are no news breaks that could effect your trade - especially if running off technical analysis only?

Yes I do and I try to avoid news or scale out if still in a trade when news is due out. Did I miss some on this trade? I'm still looking for it 20 mins after.
Cheers

Regards,

Lee Shepherd
:)

1H chart shown with channel breaches.
Dangerous to play either way at the moment.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd05.gif
    eurusd05.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 79
Danger is fun. I am playing and winning. But my trade posts are not suitable here. I am in and out too quick.

Danger is fun. I am playing and winning. But my trade posts are not suitable here. I am in and out too quick.

ah, there was a time, many eons ago, when danger was my middle name! I don't remember being much of a winner back then though. I'm now comfortable being a wimp and sticking to safer plays :)

Peter

eurusd dropped 40 pips from tonight's high so far. If you are looking long now might be a good time to get in. I prefer to wait until the rest of the Asian markets open in about 20 minutes, We should get some direction then.

Peter

eurusd dropped 40 pips from tonight's high so far. If you are looking long now might be a good time to get in. I prefer to wait until the rest of the Asian markets open in about 20 minutes, We should get some direction then.

Peter

Yes, I was in, in the other thread.