Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

this was my call,I put the line in testerday eve but was in the land of nod when a good entry point came along.I may take with a pullback towards the line

Attachments

• 2012-04-16_1119.png
    2012-04-16_1119.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 121
for anyone interested in why I took the ES short. Both Nasdaq and SP500 were up but both Apple and Google were nosediving. Eventually they would almost have to drag down Nasdaq and the SP500 since they are heavily weighted. I saw a decent entry and went for it.

Peter

for anyone interested in why I took the ES short. Both Nasdaq and SP500 were up but both Apple and Google were nosediving. Eventually they would almost have to drag down Nasdaq and the SP500 since they are heavily weighted. I saw a decent entry and went for it.

Peter

Why put your stop at 74.25 Pete - surely above 75.25 would have been the 'sensible' place seeing as the session high was 75.25.

Curious really.

Why put your stop at 74.25 Pete - surely above 75.25 would have been the 'sensible' place seeing as the session high was 75.25.

Curious really.

If I was trading a technical pattern you would be correct and I probably would have held out for another point or so profit but this trade wasn't really technical just more of a feel that ES would move down quickly based on apple and google. I was only in it for a quick move so I didn't want to risk much in case my "feel" made me look stupid :)

Peter

The only reason I was even looking at ES, apple, and google was because the fx markets were dead. I started watching the pre market action about an hour before NSYE opened.

Peter

The only reason I was even looking at ES, apple, and google was because the fx markets were dead. I started watching the pre market action about an hour before NSYE opened.

Peter

To be fair, if it had re-tested the high at 75.25 I would probably have bailed around 76.25 as it does try quite hard on re-tests usually, so I can see 74.25 for a momentum based punt is as good as anything really.......

BTW, the real reason you check out ES is because she is a foxy vixen of a market when you get tired of hanging out with the tired old hags that are the major fx pairs. ;)

long gbpusd 1.5868, stop 12, target 'greedy'!
PA has popped thru days high and seems to have tested so its worth a small punt. Great r/r. Took it 20 mins ago but its moving slowly so i thought i'd post.

PA has popped thru days high and seems to have tested so its worth a small punt. Great r/r. Took it 20 mins ago but its moving slowly so i thought i'd post.

I feel ok about putting stop to b/e already because it happens to be just beneath the low of previous 15 min candle which i like doing anyway. Sitting at +20 now so going well. Hopefully make a small killing here... :)

if i don't get what i want from this its because i was beaten by the fibs. If you use yesterdays high and todays low, the price ranged along the 23.6 retracement for most of the day, broke through and paused at the 38.2 and has now rebounded off the 50. As long as it doesn't retrace past the 38.2 i'll be ok. I'll probably flog it at 61.8 if it reaches that far.

Attachments

• gbpusd16042012.jpg
    gbpusd16042012.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 113