live trader chat - improved features?

Directional

Experienced member
i gather you're trying to boost the use of the live chat room a bit... definately been busier in there.

Frugi was saying that posting his trades in live chat and trying to keep track of trading was proving trickier than he'd expected.

was wondering whether it'd be an idea to make the chat room a bit more "a la hotcomm" with a quick way of posting your trades? hotcomm has the trader trainer feature where you input your market and price and just hit buy or sell button to automatically post details of a trade to the chat room. something similar might make the room a bit more trader friendly.

just an idea

Arbitrageur said:
i gather you're trying to boost the use of the live chat room a bit... definately been busier in there.

Frugi was saying that posting his trades in live chat and trying to keep track of trading was proving trickier than he'd expected.

was wondering whether it'd be an idea to make the chat room a bit more "a la hotcomm" with a quick way of posting your trades? hotcomm has the trader trainer feature where you input your market and price and just hit buy or sell button to automatically post details of a trade to the chat room. something similar might make the room a bit more trader friendly.

just an idea
If people use IB the add on Brackettrader has a nice feature where you select a window by searching for its title. After that it publishes your trades to it as you place them...
The free version is fully functional with a restriction on the symbols allowed but all the big ones are there.

We could go down the hotcomm route - but it would require members to pay for the software (after the trial period ends), and probably an up-front cost for us to host the room. But if there's enough demand for it, I'm happy to consider it.

yeah, hotcomm does have fees for both parties, client and host.

i meant is it possible to add hotcomm style features to the existing chat room... not necessarily use hotcomm itself.

No I'm afraid not. The IRC network just doesn't support the sorts of features that hotcomm has. :(

Dont know about making the chat busier because i have never been able to enter it. ihave no trouble with other chat rooms so if i am not the only one to have problems this may be a big factor in how many people use it?

I can't get into it either. I did once, using a dedicated IRC client, and that was very hit and miss, but the Java app on the T2W home page has never worked for me in any browser, firewall or no firewall, home or office.

Recruiting on a thread whose last post was 8 years ago might not be the best way to go. Just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Peter

yeah it's like here in the UK the tax man gives guidelines that you should keep tax records going back 5 years. So as far as I am concerned anything that happened prior to 2008 didn't actually happen and cannot be quoted :confused: