Best Thread Live Cable Trading

And closed at +3: +10, not concentrated as I'm watching a movie

In the morning then, or late NY

marmoset said:
short at 73 (mind you, not MonkeyBounce, just me discretionary-trading)

Good morning, marmoset. Thank you for all this MonkeyBounce stuff. To me it looks not like trading, but science. But now I will read it all to see if I can understand it.

PS. Maybe it's time for you to be a full-time trader? ;)

Baruch said:
Good morning, marmoset. Thank you for all this MonkeyBounce stuff. To me it looks not like trading, but science. But now I will read it all to see if I can understand it.

PS. Maybe it's time for you to be a full-time trader? ;)

Majored in Science and Latin in high school, favorite math: Boolean logic. Loved statistics, game theory and simulation/theory testing in business school math, got an introductory course in Research Methodology, Structured Programming (Pascal back then) and Science Philosophy. Courses I'm very happy to have taken, they're invaluable tools for problem solving. Was actually planning to write my thesis on an alternate option pricing theory, but something (family) got in between. :(

Be a full-time trader? Too early, but I'm willing to sacrifice a week of vacation to give it a shot: 1st week of July. ;) Still got a lot to learn and see how I hold up under the pressure when my payday depends on it.

marmoset said:
Majored in Science and Latin in high school, favorite math: Boolean logic. Loved statistics, game theory and simulation/theory testing in business school math, got an introductory course in Research Methodology, Structured Programming (Pascal back then) and Science Philosophy. Courses I'm very happy to have taken, they're invaluable tools for problem solving. Was actually planning to write my thesis on an alternate option pricing theory, but something (family) got in between. :(

Be a full-time trader? Too early, but I'm willing to sacrifice a week of vacation to give it a shot: 1st week of July. ;) Still got a lot to learn and see how I hold up under the pressure when my payday depends on it.

Blimey, right old clever bunch on here. My qualifications are nil. Well educational anyway. I can HALO freefall, sniper, dems expert etc. Should have been off to the Mid East but change of plans and now its the caves further east, but put back for another week for re-planning.

So good luck to you all and live and prosper.

ta ta

Baruch said:

Hey, cool! :cheesy:

More uses for the batch of progs I wrote. Idea sounds good... but you need deep pockets/ be well-funded to try it.. So, kids, don't try this at home! B/O at news level, but my first impression would be: it better be major, and in one direction or you're opening up a can of royal whip-ass.

EDIT: Aha! I see my objections addressed in post #35 (page 5), #46

Last edited:
Whoa! :eek: EUR skyrocketed 70, Cable 100 pips since I went to sleep... highs 2820 and 8700 respectively.

OK, looking for a retracement to R1, 8638, short at 76. EUR has had 3 bounces off the 2800, 4th time it may break and head back south, or else I'm out of there, bounces ever narrowing...

EDIT: double position on S76, added entry short at 54 for mini-pyramid, both limits at 38 (may remove that if there's momentum developing and hit for 04, bounce off the pivot at 8600 (also big fig), tentatively go long there again with MonkeyBounces L04 and L13)

Last edited:
droog said:
Blimey, right old clever bunch on here. My qualifications are nil. Well educational anyway. I can HALO freefall, sniper, dems expert etc. Should have been off to the Mid East but change of plans and now its the caves further east, but put back for another week for re-planning.

So good luck to you all and live and prosper.

ta ta

Education isn't everything, remember, brains can be hired :cheesy:

Knowing when to pull the ripcord, a steady hand and keen eye and knowing how to deconstruct complex situations are qualities any trader needs, otoh. All the brains in the world don't help you in knowing when to pull the trigger or when to bail or have the discipline to see it through to the end.

You be safe mate!

Looking very iffy there in the EUR, virtually glued to the 2812 for the last 20 minutes now. Ready to bail out.

marmoset said:
Looks like a re-test of the highs is in the works. Entered triple pos short at 78

Good morning marmoset. Still selling the rumour and buying the news? ;)

OK, bailed out at 85, -13 and -7: -20, looks like wants to go see 2900, cable to follow to something like 8750-70

Baruch said:
Good morning marmoset. Still selling the rumour and buying the news? ;)

Naw, was betting on the Frankfurt open slide-down. Didn't materialize, so I bailed, just in time it seems :)

marmoset said:
OK, bailed out at 85, -13 and -7: -20, looks like wants to go see 2900, cable to follow to something like 8750-70

You can't win them all. I love your small stops... ;) Do you know Big Ben/Big Baruch? The method about trading the first BO from the Japan session range.