Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
You can't win them all. I love your small stops... ;) Do you know Big Ben/Big Baruch? The method about trading the first BO from the Japan session range.

The rules for Big Baruch:

1. Buy/sell the first BO from the Asian range after 6.00 gmt.

2. Buy/sell only if BO is confirmed by euro.

3. Don't buy/sell if major news are coming out later in the morning.

4. Stop 20 pips away or the other part of the range, if this is closer to the point of BO than 20 pips.

Last edited:
Baruch said:

4. Stop 20 pips away or the other part of the range, if this is closer to the point of BO than 20 pips.

PS. This very simple method has made 70 pips so far this morning... :cheesy:

I like the look of this Baruch, thanks for posting. After my recent losing streak I need to devise something similar that I can leave during the day, or for a few hours at a time at least. All I may aim for each morning is 30/40 pips. If I can work on something which allows this consistantly then I'll post it. At the moment I'm just discretionary trading.

HAve a good day's trading, looks like they may retrace a little now hey after such big gains this early in the day ? What's your take on this ? Remember I am usually always wrong ! :eek:

Priceman said:
I like the look of this Baruch, thanks for posting. After my recent losing streak I need to devise something similar that I can leave during the day, or for a few hours at a time at least. All I may aim for each morning is 30/40 pips. If I can work on something which allows this consistantly then I'll post it. At the moment I'm just discretionary trading.

HAve a good day's trading, looks like they may retrace a little now hey after such big gains this early in the day ? What's your take on this ? Remember I am usually always wrong ! :eek:

Priceman,

Thank you. I have no take on this - I just follow the trend with a trailing stop, and waiting on US Consumer Confidence later today. If you trade Big Baruch in the morning, and also trade the news, I'm sure you will do OK. If you don't know how to trade the news, you can use this method:

http://strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16540&page=1&pp=40

Good trading!

Baruch said:

PS. This very simple method has made 70 pips so far this morning... :cheesy:

Maybe I should make a new rule:

5. Move stop to b/e when you have a 20 pips profit. After that you follow the price with a 20 pips trailing stop.

I'm not sure of that, because I hate to give 20 pips away, and sometimes 20 pips are not room enough for a wild beast like cable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have a short in at the moment from 1.8752... This baby is either gonna flop until US open or break that earlier upper level and I'm outta there again, wrong as ever if it goes upwards ! It's losing momentum on the upwards move I think so 'come on down the price is right' !!

Baruch said:
Priceman,

Thank you. I have no take on this - I just follow the trend with a trailing stop, and waiting on US Consumer Confidence later today. If you trade Big Baruch in the morning, and also trade the news, I'm sure you will do OK. If you don't know how to trade the news, you can use this method:

http://strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16540&page=1&pp=40

Good trading!

There's also a chatroom for newstraders:

http://www.stockstoshop.com/chatroom.htm

PS. There's only traders there before the big news.

Priceman said:
I have a short in at the moment from 1.8752... This baby is either gonna flop until US open or break that earlier upper level and I'm outta there again, wrong as ever if it goes upwards ! It's losing momentum on the upwards move I think so 'come on down the price is right' !!

Good luck. USD/JPY making a comeback, but cable and euro don't care - until now.

Well I did get stopped out but managed to steal back 5 pips on the EUR as that broke new highs for the day... Just need a chance to get back in now on cable when it pulls back...

nice run up on euro/yen
made a few points
priceman
If you don`t mind me saying,
I think you would be better just waiting for a good signal like euro/yen , rather then just
having a go on things
kind regards
Hornblower

hornblower said:
nice run up on euro/yen
made a few points
priceman
I think you would be better just waiting for a good signal like euro/yen , rather then just
having a go on things
kind regards
Hornblower

You may well be correct there my friend, am just trying different things which mostly don't work well ! Just that the cable makes the most money when it's good (yes I know, it loses the most too !) Lots of different strats to try and work out which one works best for me. Thanks for the advice though it's always welcome

marmoset said:
OK, bailed out at 85, -13 and -7: -20, looks like wants to go see 2900, cable to follow to something like 8750-70

Not a bad call this morning, once it broke the Tokyo high :cool:

Priceman said:
Here it is then out of the word doc....

Hi,

I'm new to posting here, lurked for a while though.

23.27GMT went long .2 at 8250 (limit entry breakout, anticipating classical Tokyo 40pips up)
05.27GMT closed out at 8270 for 20pips as it had stalled at 8277, not reaching my goal of 8290

reversed to short .1 at 8270 looking for a pre-Big Ben down to 8230
entered limitbuy of .1 at 8234 with limit to 8254 to catch pre-Big Ben correction

If pre-Big Ben works out, I'll go short at 8254 to see it down to 8200, off of which a big figure bounce is likely to occur.

To answer likely questions: real money, 15min, EMA 7, 20, 40, Bollis, MACD, pivots daily

20 pips before my first coffee, nice way to start the day

PS: putting in a safety net entry stop buy of .1 at 8278 in case the upward madness continues...
Better safe than sorry.

Well, while I'm all talkative and in confessional mode, here goes:

I use daily pivots, bollinger bands and MACD on a 15min chart.

I don't use a system, it's more of a method:
- stay away from big figures
- bounces occur off of big figures and resistance/support levels
- don't get greedy - play it tame, the money's the same
- hedge your longs with shorts and vice versa
- short spurts are more likely to happen than long rushes
- daily average move up/down in cable is 175

I don't have steel balls, I just use liquid nitrogen for blood

My mainstay are the daily pivot and s/r levels, all the rest is show.
News is very important.
I don't know if it's going up or down, EVER. I go for the possibility, not even the PROBABILITY of it.
Just try to figure out short spurts, bounce-off levels (also known as hurdles) and how far past the hurdle the rate will *safely* go.

That's all there is to it.

Findings:
I have two major underperformers in my dogsled team: S44 and L57 They're pulling the pipcount down considerably, even into the negative if MonkeyBounce were an automated system.

Switched them around to L44 and S57. Much better!
Some tweaking:
1) trend bias: lead dog L08 gets double position, SL78 (30pips) ok, LIM43 (35pips) ok
2) S57 ran better a bit further away from the middle, so now is S63
3) L44 performs best as a sprinter on a short leash: SL 15pips LIM 20pips
4) S63, on the contrary, sprints better on a long leash of 30pips SL (counterintuitive at +20 limit)
5) S91 stumbled too often on the finish line 35pips, so now LIM is 30pips
6) S91 also got a trend bias: the leash is shortened to 20pips, in case the big fig doesn't hold.

So, new line-up:
L08, SL78, LIM43, performing 58.8% of the time. Good dawg!
L44, SL29, LIM64, performs at 52.9%. Big contributor to bottom line, sprints off most often. Wow!
S63, SL93, LIM43, performs at 68.2%. Real hellhound, that one!
S91, SL11, LIM61, performs at 50%, another workdog.
Overall performance: 57.5%

Ready for next week's Iditarod?
MUUUUSH!!!
PS: raw figures (note: only one position is open at the same time for the same entry point):

L08, 10 winners, 7 losers, +140pips (not counting double position, that's $$$ diff., not pip diff.)
L44, 36 winners, 32 losers, +240pips
S63, 30 winners, 14 losers, +180 pips (seriously considering doubling position on that one )
S91, 12 winners, 12 losers, +120 pips

total pips for the week: +680 (week's low: 8512, high 9016 = +404)
average per day: +136, to be taken with a grain of salt:
Monday: +10, MaxDrawdown: -50, MaxProfit: +65 --> 55pips given back

Tuesday: +135, MaxDD: 0 (lowest: +10), MaxP: +145 --> 10pips given back

Wednesday: +240, MaxDD: -20 , MaxP: +240 --> 0 pips given back

Thursday: +140, MaxDD: -60, MaxP: +225 --> 85 pips given back

Friday: +155, MaxDD: 0 (lowest: +20), MaxP: +235 --> 80 pips given back

PPS: Will get me a broker in due time with 3 pips spread, above are 153pips (1 pip spread diff.) going to the broker instead of into my pockets.

Hi Priceman,

Can you please explain your trading rules or strat. how do you trade....??? wht indicators you use...

Thanks in advancd
Babar

hornblower said:
nice run up on euro/yen
made a few points
priceman
having a go on things
kind regards
Hornblower

Hi Guys,

Can you please give me the link for that post of priceman in which he gave the signal to buy EUR/JPY

Thanks
Babar

babarmughal said:
Hi Priceman,

Can you please explain your trading rules or strat. how do you trade....??? wht indicators you use...

Thanks in advancd
Babar

This is Marmoset's strategy not mine, wished it was as it's quite cool ! He's put a lot of work into it so I don't want to take credit for it.... you'll have to look back over recent posts too as it's been discussed loads and new people come and ask again and we keep going over the same things. Hope this is helpful, if you can't find the bulk of the information let me know and I'll aim to point you to it. Or the Master Marmoset can talk to you ;-)

Priceman said:
This is Marmoset's strategy not mine, wished it was as it's quite cool ! He's put a lot of work into it so I don't want to take credit for it.... you'll have to look back over recent posts too as it's been discussed loads and new people come and ask again and we keep going over the same things. Hope this is helpful, if you can't find the bulk of the information let me know and I'll aim to point you to it. Or the Master Marmoset can talk to you ;-)

Thanks Priceman for your reply.....did u mentioned eur/jpy as BUY recently...???

Thanks
Babar

babarmughal said:
Thanks Priceman for your reply.....did u mentioned eur/jpy as BUY recently...???

Thanks
Babar

No that was Hornblower giving me some pointers... I have never traded it up until now. I want to tame the cable first !!

Welcome to the board anyway, hope you find it informative, there are a lot of really great people here and very friendly too.

hornblower said:
nice run up on euro/yen
made a few points
priceman
having a go on things
kind regards
Hornblower

Hi nornblower,

what strat. do you use...for trading...or you have used for trading eur/jpy recently...

Thanks
Babar

marmoset said:
Not a bad call this morning, once it broke the Tokyo high :cool:

No, well done. Always (almost) a good idea to trade a BO from the Asian range... :cheesy:

I am still receiving V alerts above 1.9010 region on cable. Does anyone have a fundamental or technical long term view on why $ will weaken against european currencies or point me in the right direction.