Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I'm keeping my short on (from 1.885). I agree with smbtnt - now it's fallen through the bottom of the triangle it could fall hard and fast.

something for the weekend

New possibilities....

May be nowt, maybe be today, maybe next week, maybe never.... such fun!

Sideways for the rest of today then drop off and down next week...?!

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
wasp said:
New possibilities....

May be nowt, maybe be today, maybe next week, maybe never.... such fun!

Sideways for the rest of today then drop off and down next week...?!

... agree Wasp. ;)

bounce or break

Down 150+ since the open so can't imagine without any more news today we will see a major drop off. The expirys today may well have pushed the price to where we are but I think/hope thats it now...

A revised chart makes South look the way, and a wild stab in the dark looks like it could go back up to 800 between now and UK monday morning open then down we go....

Attachments

• 3.gif
    3.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 4.gif
    4.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
smbtnt said:
the vacuum alerts on cable are slightly askew as the time frames have gone out of synch, i have two alerts: 8976 and yesterdays 8764 (missed by 10 pips) still pending. Ideally the latter should be hit 1st, which in turn will remap the vacuum zones.

Ok eventually the 8764 vacuum gets hit. Which in turn has triggered further vacuum zones( wont bother you with the exact levels) manifesting in a price channel.

In my experience this usually occurs when the institutions are aware of the change in underlying trend and resist taking trades at those crtical S/R zones and initiate a 'fake' rally ie the pullback or lower high. Further price action fakes will provide evidence as to their real intentions; and the vacuum cycle begins.

But with the markets esp FX...anything can happen

Just popped in from Chart School to say hello. Amazing how with play money I am awash with pips +180. Also helps that I binned the rubbish from the charts and using my old stuff. Back to real money on Monday for a week before flying off to the desert.

ta.

smbtnt said:
But with the markets esp FX...anything can happen

you can say that again! I though I'd done well jumping ship at 800... didin't expect 720 today!

1.87 is clearly going to be a big hurdle. I've set a stop at 1.875 and will see what happens, after riding it so far.

Hi Wasp - another Brightonian!

Hi Jack ' Clubs,

Best place to be!

I'm not sure whats going on at the moment so I'm gonna take my 100 and start the weekend early. Gutted missed the extra 80 and had no reason to exit other than fear of it jumping up. Shorted a few more en route to now, but I'm gonna leave it till Monday personally.

Good weekend all...

wasp said:
Hi Jack ' Clubs,

Best place to be!

I'm not sure whats going on at the moment so I'm gonna take my 100 and start the weekend early. Gutted missed the extra 80 and had no reason to exit other than fear of it jumping up. Shorted a few more en route to now, but I'm gonna leave it till Monday personally.

Good weekend all...

Well that's me done for the weekend too now. Mrs O'Clubs will be happy - she might even get dinner in the Hotel du Vin tonight...

right then chaps see ya all soon cos Im off to Cancun

got the date right this time

still short Cable, Gold n Dow although the Dow will turn Monday

Happy Hols DC... :cheesy:

Attachments

• cancun.jpg
    cancun.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 1,444
dc2000 said:
right then chaps see ya all soon cos Im off to Cancun

got the date right this time

still short Cable, Gold n Dow although the Dow will turn Monday

DC,

What levels are you looking on the dirty 30 for a reaction? 10900?

This is the trade a made today on Cable
P/L+176 pips :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• statement.JPG
    statement.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 173
  • gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 133
  • gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
sweet trade Mr B, I admire your discipline....
I suggest you also look at USD/JPY , USD/CHF AND EUR/JPY, it will suit your method of trading.

Dooh, forgot to click the post button... :eek:

Well, NY open around, no big news ahead, so I'm replanting the minefield and call it a day.

On the 4h chart, today's move planted it firmly outside the upchannel. So next week I'm looking for a drop to 8500 (midlevel between S1 and S2 on the weekly pivot, also bottom of last week), then on to 8300 (S2) where it bottoms out and I can draw a parallell line to the uptrend's channel at equal width of the uptrend. If that breaks, strap on your parachutes!

thanks for that marmoset
I have been looking at some forecasts , and it give me an idea what is going to happen , your input is very welcome
regards
Hornblower

marmoset said:
Not only that (oilwise), Venezuela and Iran want to start selling their crude in euros... The implications on the greenback are not that fab. GW (aka the Shrub) might even do something rash and rattle sabers (if he's not too pissed off). Turbulence ahead, please fasten your seatbelts and refrain from smoking. :devilish:

Oil in Euros should bring prices down and $ tumbling Too?!

Cheaper oil reduces inflation and the consumers can take their families out again on weekend trips. Also less probs on airline companies fuel costs.

$ to fall further IMO.

hungrybelly