Best Thread Live Cable Trading

VVVV said:
Dearest T2W,

Let me preface this with, the mods will not allow this post and it shows how disgusting, dishonest and truly pathetic this site and some of its people are. Bilking people out of money and telling lies and patting each other on the back is not the correct way to live life, please pay close attention to the below post or learn the hard way like others have.

Hello Everyone,

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vangquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

The legendary SOCRATES will no longer be posting on these boards or any other boards on the internet in regards to trading. His internet privileges have been taken away from him indefinitely. The only posting he may be doing in the distant future will have to do with learning how to be a decent human being and not stealing or taking advantage of others.

I would like to play a game my fellow t2w members, just as the legendary Socrates has played with all of you many times it is now my turn. I want you all to think of it as you being on one team and he on the other. If anyone on this forum notices a post from Socrates or any other nick that he may using from this day forward (April 21 approx 12 30 AM) please contact me and you will get a prize.

The prize will be Socrates LIFES WORK, his deepest "secrets" of trading in Microsoft word format.

You may ask how long will this game go one for? And the answer is FOREVER!

My contact information is as follows - [email protected]

Please dearest friends of t2w, feel free to email in regards to any sightings, questions/concerns or even if you would just like a nice chat about the matter. I have nothing to hide nor gain from any of this.

Now I know that this post will be taken down quite quickly by the mods and and this my friends is quite alright as I will be back to post again and again and again.

Arent games fun? Please enjoy this new game and remember if Socrates doesnt post he wins, but if he does the whole T2W community wins. The risk to reward on this trade is grand wouldnt you say? Even the new traders will know that this is definitely a trade that they should take!

The twists and turns this adventure may take are a plenty, everyone please play fair and enjoy THE SHOW!

Do you hear the music?? Yes, music. My music. You see dearest SOCRATES I am a performer.

LIFE IS CHANGE, GROWTH IS OPTIONAL - CHOOSE WISELY SOCRATES.

V

Remember, remember, the fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes,
'Twas his intent
To blow up the King and the Parliament.
Poor old England to overthrow.

Sorry my friend I have no idea what you're talking about here. Maybe some of the others on t2w can help me out here. Or are you just barking mad ?

I have found people here quite helpful and nice.

wow!!
a document containing Soccos trading secrets!
I really want to make so much money that I will be able to afford a shed with a skylight, and cork tiles, and its own power supply.
hurry, hurry, hurry.
reply within the next 48 hours and you will get free membership of the Star Chamber as well.

hi TheBramble, glad you are back.
what happened to your daily cable assessments ?
anyway, JillyB has joined this motley crew, and is showing good results with Darvas Box on 5-mins.

oh, and Baruch. Sorry for taking the **** about Darvas, it does seem to be quite good.

trendie said:
Thanks Trendie. Haven't been anywhere near a screen for a month. Will need a little time to get back into the 'flow' of the markets.

Morning all,

Courtesy of Zakirdaud on strategybuilderfx. Looks a promising volatility breakout method which i'll be forward testing on demo for a while:

Rules:

Set buy stop at 70% of yesterdays range (high minus low) added to today’s open + spread. Stop loss is 50% of yesterdays range deducted from entry point.

Set sell stop at 70% of yesterdays range (high minus low) deducted from today’s open. Stop loss is 50% of yesterdays range added to entry point plus spread.

If at the end of the day, neither entry level has been hit, cancel all orders and repeat tomorrow.

Condition: only trade in 1 direction. So if the buy stop has been triggered and stopped out, do not take a short on the same day. This only occurs in around 7% of trades.

Exit is on first profitable close or stop loss being hit. ie if the buy was at 1.8750 and the close is higher than the buy, exit the trade irrespective of how much or little you are in profit. Same applies for shorts.

If trade is not in profit at the end of the day and stop loss has not been hit, do not enter further trades until current trade closes out at a profit or hits stop loss.

All the best.

Last edited:
ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Courtesy of 'Timmy' on strategybuilderfx. Looks a promising volatility breakout method which i'll be forward testing on demo for a while:

Rules:

Set buy stop at 70% of yesterdays range (high minus low) added to today’s open + spread. Stop loss is 50% of yesterdays range deducted from entry point.

Set sell stop at 70% of yesterdays range (high minus low) deducted from today’s open. Stop loss is 50% of yesterdays range added to entry point plus spread.

If at the end of the day, neither entry level has been hit, cancel all orders and repeat tomorrow.

Condition: only trade in 1 direction. So if the buy stop has been triggered and stopped out, do not take a short on the same day. This only occurs in around 7% of trades.

Exit is on first profitable close or stop loss being hit. ie if the buy was at 1.8750 and the close is higher than the buy, exit the trade irrespective of how much or little you are in profit. Same applies for shorts.

If trade is not in profit at the end of the day and stop loss has not been hit, do not enter further trades until current trade closes out at a profit or hits stop loss.

All the best.

This is good news for me then as I can carry on with the day job ! There are so many types of system out there. All I'm looking for is something to setup in the morning and then come home in the evening to mega-pips in my account. I would like to trade full time though at some point and give up the 9-5 !!

Let's see what results this system brings over the coming weeks...

Cheers,

trendie said:
wow!!
a document containing Soccos trading secrets!
I really want to make so much money that I will be able to afford a shed with a skylight, and cork tiles, and its own power supply.
hurry, hurry, hurry.
reply within the next 48 hours and you will get free membership of the Star Chamber as well.

anyway, JillyB has joined this motley crew, and is showing good results with Darvas Box on 5-mins.

oh, and Baruch. Sorry for taking the **** about Darvas, it does seem to be quite good.

Well, I left this forum some time ago because I was forbidden to write more about good, old Darvas. So I am happy that others here find the tiny dancer and his boxes usefull. ;)

http://www.nicolasdarvas.org/index.php

Priceman said:
This is good news for me then as I can carry on with the day job ! There are so many types of system out there. All I'm looking for is something to setup in the morning and then come home in the evening to mega-pips in my account. I would like to trade full time though at some point and give up the 9-5 !!

Let's see what results this system brings over the coming weeks...

Cheers,
Demo accounts up 65% over the last 10 weeks, but as with most methods, there will be significant drawdown and frustrating periods, but that's when the emotionless discipline needs to kick in. It's just another tool in the kit bag....

Good luck.

Last edited:
JillyB said:
1.7557 hit - 5 pip profit taken! :cheesy:
I love simple strategies.

Jilly,

Very nice that you use the Darvas method - for that I just gave you the fifth star... :cheesy:

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Jilly,

Very nice that you use the Darvas method - for that I just gave you the fifth star... :cheesy:

Thanks Baruch,

I found Darvas a bit by accident on the T2W website and after reading more about it, decided I would try it intraday on the Cable. I'd not been having much luck with other methods and was really struggling with it. I was so surprised when the strategy worked. I love simple strategies, why have all those indicators complicating the screen, when you can trade something really quite straightforward.

I only have enough data on my 5 min charts to backtest it over the past three weeks, but trading between 9.00am and 4pm it would have brought in 393 pips. 44 trades overall, 2 losing, 42 winning.

Now it's been tested real time and today has been a good day :cheesy:

Hi JillyB,

I've looked over the 5 min chart for cable today and plotted a few boxes. It wouldn't have been a good day for me using my take on Darvas, so if you get an opportunity, please could you post your chart for the day with the boxes you traded. I'll perhaps then be able to work out where i'm going wrong....

Thanks for your help.

Pip nibbler

JillyB said:
Thanks Baruch,

I found Darvas a bit by accident on the T2W website and after reading more about it, decided I would try it intraday on the Cable. I'd not been having much luck with other methods and was really struggling with it. I was so surprised when the strategy worked. I love simple strategies, why have all those indicators complicating the screen, when you can trade something really quite straightforward.

I only have enough data on my 5 min charts to backtest it over the past three weeks, but trading between 9.00am and 4pm it would have brought in 393 pips. 44 trades overall, 2 losing, 42 winning.

Now it's been tested real time and today has been a good day :cheesy:

Are still going for 5 or 10 pip targets?

They soon add up necest pa :)

neil said:

They certainly do and they make a heck of a difference to the trading balance. :cheesy:

neil said:

Neil,
not too be too anal about this but living in Paris at the moment... it's n'est-ce pas !!

anyway have a good weekend all and chase those pips !

ChowClown said:
Hi JillyB,

I've looked over the 5 min chart for cable today and plotted a few boxes. It wouldn't have been a good day for me using my take on Darvas, so if you get an opportunity, please could you post your chart for the day with the boxes you traded. I'll perhaps then be able to work out where i'm going wrong....

Thanks for your help.

Hi Chow,

I'm just in the middle of something now, but I will post the charts later, if that's ok.

:cheesy:

Priceman

Priceman said:
Neil,
not too be too anal about this but living in Paris at the moment... it's n'est-ce pas !!

anyway have a good weekend all and chase those pips !

Well spotted - that will teach me to check before hitting the button :eek:

Whats the weather like in Paris ;)