Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Priceman said:
Hey trendie, can you shed some light on this trading plan of yours then please. I googled hans123 and it came back with a user in a forum called hans123.

Cheers

This system isnt mine.
It was something someone discovered on another site, and we discussed it here and monitored it.

you will need to join strategybuilderfx.com ( a MetaTrader discussion forum )

select Foryums, then Trading Methods and Strategies.
Then select thread titled "Simple Combined Breakout System for EUR/USD and GBP/USD with great results".

Its quite good.

I have been re-reading BunnyGirls BGX strategy over there. ( this is more to my liking as I tend to go for MAs. I like the fiilters and other decision rules )

Be sure to return HERE!! :cheesy: :cheesy:

( if you find any other systems that you think worth sharing, please let us know )

trendie said:
This system isnt mine.
It was something someone discovered on another site, and we discussed it here and monitored it.

you will need to join strategybuilderfx.com ( a MetaTrader discussion forum )

select Foryums, then Trading Methods and Strategies.
Then select thread titled "Simple Combined Breakout System for EUR/USD and GBP/USD with great results".

Its quite good.

I have been re-reading BunnyGirls BGX strategy over there. ( this is more to my liking as I tend to go for MAs. I like the fiilters and other decision rules )

Be sure to return HERE!! :cheesy: :cheesy:

( if you find any other systems that you think worth sharing, please let us know )

Thanks my friend, I am surely gonna stay on here as it's the friendliest site with not too much slagging off goes on. I like the fact that the senior members will share their experiences for us newbies.

I think today technically falls into 2 categories-

The largest single intraday move of 2006 so far.

The biggest sods law kick in the teeth going seeing as its a 'holiday' and between gardening and family visits, just watched the easiest profits gliding away!

Jesus has a lot to answer for :devilish:

chrisw said:
I think today technically falls into 2 categories-

The largest single intraday move of 2006 so far.

The biggest sods law kick in the teeth going seeing as its a 'holiday' and between gardening and family visits, just watched the easiest profits gliding away!

Jesus has a lot to answer for :devilish:

Don't worry, you weren't the only one to miss it. And you're quite right 'Sods Law' has a lot to answer for and Christian Festivals as well.

However, the good side is, that I've had an afternoon working on my suntan - that's cheered me up no end. It's been such a long dreary winter. I now feel reinvigorated and ready for trading!

Bring on tomorrow! :cheesy:

Well, looks like it has been a great afternoon on cable whilst I was out on the hills............. :rolleyes:
1.8000 in sight...........?

A suggestion. There is some really excellent information in this thread - but is it not in danger of being lost in 550+ pages ?

Would we not be better in having a weekly cable thread making it easier to find relevant information ?

Anyway - here's to a good week !

Zinger aka Mr Organised

Zinger said:
Well, looks like it has been a great afternoon on cable whilst I was out on the hills............. :rolleyes:
1.8000 in sight...........?

A suggestion. There is some really excellent information in this thread - but is it not in danger of being lost in 550+ pages ?

Would we not be better in having a weekly cable thread making it easier to find relevant information ?

Anyway - here's to a good week !

Zinger aka Mr Organised

All that would happen is that useful stuff gets spread across several threads!

I did once suggest we have a sort of library, where we can all add pdfs, docs, pointers to other sites, strategies, etc.

Anyone still interested in doing that, I am prepared to be librarian.

PS: there is a means of searching for posts with attachments such as zips, pdfs, etc, but not links to other pages, sites.

trendie said:
All that would happen is that useful stuff gets spread across several threads!

I did once suggest we have a sort of library, where we can all add pdfs, docs, pointers to other sites, strategies, etc.

Anyone still interested in doing that, I am prepared to be librarian.

PS: there is a means of searching for posts with attachments such as zips, pdfs, etc, but not links to other pages, sites.

Not if we put the weekly threads in a new sub forum such as Daily FX Analysis or Intraday Cable Trading..........

Like the idea of the library though Trendie........... :LOL:

Zinger said:
Not if we put the weekly threads in a new sub forum such as Daily FX Analysis or Intraday Cable Trading..........

Like the idea of the library though Trendie........... :LOL:

Me too I like the idea of the library and easy access to all info... If I had more time to do that instead of trying to perfect my trading strat and the day job then I'd offer to help

what a beautiful surprise this Easter weekend!
I'm in at 1,7483 .... see where they'll stop this perfect long trend !!! :cheesy:

Priceman said:
Me too I like the idea of the library and easy access to all info... If I had more time to do that instead of trying to perfect my trading strat and the day job then I'd offer to help

either way is fine with me. nice move today

market closed at the end of the bar ( top ).
asian session is fairly narrow, pre-8am. ( 40-ish pips )
under these conditions, as per Newtron Bomb, a decent BO would be on the cards.
if we assume the average daily range is 100-pips, then 60 pips are available today.

trendie said:
market closed at the end of the bar ( top ).
asian session is fairly narrow, pre-8am. ( 40-ish pips )
under these conditions, as per Newtron Bomb, a decent BO would be on the cards.
if we assume the average daily range is 100-pips, then 60 pips are available today.

I think you're right trendie, but I would also bear in mind that the previous session high is 10 pips above the asian session high. would think that is the main resistance for the breakout if it breaks north.

Asian Range - Cable 5 minute chart

Break Southwards?
Ooh - that green candle going North !! ;)

Attachments

• pound18.JPG
    pound18.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 158
neil said:
Scratch one short :eek:

That one caught me out too!

It broke the base of the Darvas box, before turning round and heading north. (I'm sure I saw it stick two fingers up at me as it was going :LOL: )

So 1 trade today so far and 1 loss. :cry:

Hi JillyB,

What risk:reward plan do you use? I noticed from earlier posts you use 5 pip profit targets initially on at least one lot and then trail with the rest; i'm interested in how you decide which boxes to trade and which to leave?

Thanks

ChowClown said:
Hi JillyB,

What risk:reward plan do you use? I noticed from earlier posts you use 5 pip profit targets initially on at least one lot and then trail with the rest; i'm interested in how you decide which boxes to trade and which to leave?

Thanks

Hi Chow,

I look to trade whatever boxes develop - usually from around 9am through to 2pm (after that I'm doing preparation for the open of the DJI).

I don't trade lots as I have an SB account so it's £'s per pip. At the moment only £1 per pip, as the FX is relatively new to me and I'm finding my feet and getting to know it.

The trailing stop is used when it really steams ahead - like yesterday at 12.35pm. Then, if I'd been in the trade, I would havetrailed the stop up after the price to lock in what profit I could. I tend to use the low of the previous 5 min candle as the stop. If I'd done that then I wouldn't have been stopped out until 1.7656. Which would have been a 52 pip profit.

I tend not to look at risk/reward at the moment - I know I should - but I'm still learning the FX and finding out what works for me.

Last edited:
5 pips

JillyB said:
Hi Chow,

I look to trade whatever boxes develop - usually from around 9am through to 2pm (after that I'm doing preparation for the open of the DJI).

I don't trade lots as I have an SB account so it's £'s per pip. At the moment only £1 per pip, as the FX is relatively new to me and I'm finding my feet and getting to know it.

The trailing stop is used when it really steams ahead - like yesterday at 12.35pm. Then, if I'd been in the trade, I would havetrailed the stop up after the price to lock in what profit I could. I tend to use the low of the previous 5 min candle as the stop. If I'd done that then I wouldn't have been stopped out until 1.7656. Which would have been a 52 pip profit.

I tend not to look at risk/reward at the moment - I know I should - but I'm still learning the FX and finding out what works for me.

Perhaps later you might look at Direct Access and trade currency futures if you want to scalp 5 pips a time ?