Best Thread Live Cable Trading

neil said:
Perhaps later you might look at Direct Access and trade currency futures if you want to scalp 5 pips a time ?

Direct Access has always mystified me a bit. Can you still short on it? Can I still trade the DJI? Will I need a separate charting package? (This adds to overall outlay as currently I use CMC and Marketmaker which has charts built in).

Perhaps when I get to trading £10 or £20 a pip, then I would need to look at it, as the spread take on this would be horrendous. But at £1 per pip, I can live with it.

possible Darvas on cable, forming over the last 25 minutes on 5-mins.
meets all requirements.

will trigger if 1.7756 breached ??
( but local trend appears up, so would be a reversal )

Mandella HouseBand said:
Hi,
What is a 'box'?
I've never heard of the term.

My first post by the way.
Cheers

christ, i'll take the concrete cows out....... thats one makeover job there mate, added boswellox? yeeesh.....

search for darvas box theory...... I think thats what you are referring too?

Fx.

fxmarkets said:
christ, i'll take the concrete cows out....... thats one makeover job there mate, added boswellox? yeeesh.....

search for darvas box theory...... I think thats what you are referring too?

Fx.
Cheers...I saw that 'Jilly' had mentioned the 'box' so wasn't sure what that is.

A note about the concrete cows...they don't make half the mess others do!!

Look at IB

JillyB said:
Direct Access has always mystified me a bit. Can you still short on it? Can I still trade the DJI? Will I need a separate charting package? (This adds to overall outlay as currently I use CMC and Marketmaker which has charts built in).

Perhaps when I get to trading £10 or £20 a pip, then I would need to look at it, as the spread take on this would be horrendous. But at £1 per pip, I can live with it.

Jilly
Look at the Interactive Broker thread on this site and contact the thread starter - Their spot forex pips are less than £10 a pip ( but futures are $10 per pip approx)

Hey guys, no posts today ?! I have been busy at work and don't have much time to commit at the moment. Been following the hans123 stats for the last couple of days though and it's quite impressive...

17/4 GBP + 109 EUR +68
18/4 GBP +141 EUR + 151
today not over yet but not as impressive with the large swings...

PS I wanted to start a new thread asking how many day traders there are out there and if they have other jobs etc but didn't know if it's already been on the site ? Can anyone shed light on this. I am thinking of taking time off from my job to trade full time and want to put the feelers out first. Any info appreciated.

Cheers

FedePresident said:
what a beautiful surprise this Easter weekend!
I'm in at 1,7483 .... see where they'll stop this perfect long trend !!! :cheesy:

stille inside, +430 pips ..... time to short will come tomorrow??? :cheesy:

Priceman said:
Hey guys, no posts today ?! I have been busy at work and don't have much time to commit at the moment. Been following the hans123 stats for the last couple of days though and it's quite impressive...

17/4 GBP + 109 EUR +68
18/4 GBP +141 EUR + 151

PS I wanted to start a new thread asking how many day traders there are out there and if they have other jobs etc but didn't know if it's already been on the site ? Can anyone shed light on this. I am thinking of taking time off from my job to trade full time and want to put the feelers out first. Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Trading full time is more enjoyable if one is well capitalised, has a good winning strategy and good money management. Otherwise working part time is best for most people.

Priceman said:

17/4 GBP + 109 EUR +68
18/4 GBP +141 EUR + 151

Cheers

hi Priceman,

dont get too impressed by hans123. it has recently come out of its worst drawdown for a while. ( mind you, it still managed to close the Feb / March month positive. see his thread and postings to get a real feel ( strategybuilderfx ). at the very least read his posts from Jan onwards. )

making money in clear trends ( past 3 days ) is easy, even I can do that. :)
( my simple crayon lines ( magenta, if youre interested :) ) with a ruler can outdo any super-computer in trend-phases like that )

re: full-time. depends what you do for a living. if you work for someone else, see if your strategy can be used on larger time-frames.
personally, I have been full-timing since Jan, a chance to read, study and test out new ideas.
however, I shall be starting a new 3-month project in May, so I will be switching from 24EMA 1-hour bars ( a couple of trades a day ), to 100-EMA 1-hour bars ( a trade every 2-3 days ).
( still trading, but without having to check status every 2 hours !! )

as has been mentioned, you need to be well-capitalised.
ensure you have at least 6 months money to live on, ( mortgages, bills, credit cards, etc ).
this is on top of your account.
this ensures that your account has a chance to compound. nothing worse than having a good idea, but then having to take living expenses out, and thus reducing your account back to starting point. all it takes is one bad month, and you start getting fidgety.

PS: for part-timing it, I would recommend you look at Vegas Wealth Builder. ( but only if you like MAs, which many people deride )

Morning Everyone,

Did anyone just catch the breakout on the Cable?

The Darvas box on the 5 min chart worked again, but I have noticed something else and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

Since I've been recording the trades using the Darvas box theory, I've been putting down the times for the box breakouts. I have consistent breakouts between 9.10 - 9.25am and then again at between 9.55 - 10.10am. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this?

My be this one she is talking about :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• Darvas.JPG
    Darvas.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 195
Mr.Black said:
My be this one she is talking about :eek: :eek:

Yes, that's the one.

I've spotted that the breakouts tend to come in time zones as well. (There are odd ones outside the time zones - but these can also be false breakouts)

To be safe trading the Darvas box breakouts in the following time zones seems pretty reliable and safe. If it's outside the time zone - don't trade it.

7.35 - 8.00am
9.10 - 9.35am
10.00 - 10.15am
10.50 - 11.05am
12.20 - 12.35pm
13.55 - 14.20pm
14.55 - 15.10pm

JillyB said:
Morning Everyone,

Did anyone just catch the breakout on the Cable?

The Darvas box on the 5 min chart worked again, but I have noticed something else and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

Since I've been recording the trades using the Darvas box theory, I've been putting down the times for the box breakouts. I have consistent breakouts between 9.10 - 9.25am and then again at between 9.55 - 10.10am. Does anyone know if there is a reason for this?

Nice to see that you use the Darvas method. ;)

FedePresident said:
position closed at 1,7812 +329 pips
now is time to short :cheesy:

Well done. ;) What method do you use - if any?

PS. I heard that forex profits in Italy are taxfree. Right or wrong?