Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I'm just gonna give it 5 or 10 mins to settle down here, things could be erratic today with the hols don't you think ?

Priceman said:
Question for JB when she gets back having spent the morning's profits or anyone else that wants to reply...

When using Darva boxes do you look in advance for the fundamentals too and not trade around the time of major decisions that can chop the market in all directions ?

Hi, I'm back now.

Only food shopping for the weekend, so haven't gone and spend the mornings profits.
Now if it was shoe shopping..........Ah well, that's different all together :cheesy:

Ok, up until now I haven't been trading this when I know there's news due out, such as at 1.30pm. However yesterday it did follow the Darvas box pattern before the breakout, so maybe I need to watch these times more carefully and paper-trade them for a while until I'm certain about them.

It would be great if it did work the same, as these are the times when you get the major price movements. However what we don't want (as can sometimes happen with the Dow) is a false breakout in the opposite direction, just before the major movement takes place.

Jilly B you wrote:

here is a box just formed on the Cable 5 min chart.

Top 1.7548
Base 1.7539
(taken from CMC sell prices)

I don't understand what you mean.

Here ist the Cable Chart from ChartCMC.

Ciao,
Heitschi

Attachments

• Cable davar 8.JPG
    Cable davar 8.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 183
Not best pleased to say I missed all of those moves guys !

Heitschi, if you read back a few pages and have a look at the discussion I worked it out from what the others told me yesterday.... it is quite simple, even I can do it !

Going off to Venice for the weekend soon, so have a great long weekend all

Heitschi said:
Jilly B you wrote:

here is a box just formed on the Cable 5 min chart.

Top 1.7548
Base 1.7539
(taken from CMC sell prices)

I don't understand what you mean.

Here ist the Cable Chart from ChartCMC.

Ciao,
Heitschi

Hi Heitschi,
Sorry for the delay in replying to you - I trade the Dow in the afternoon, so I've been rather occupied with that. Still trading at the moment, so will need to be quick with this.

I hope the following chart explains things.

Attachments

• Cable 13 April.JPG
    Cable 13 April.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 227
JillyB

Thanks for the chart, now it is clearer for me.

We are both customer of CMC, but our charts are different.
:confused:

strangely

Have a nice weekend!

Happy Easter

Right everyone, I'm signing off for the holiday now.

Out tonight with friends for dinner. :cheesy:

Have a great Easter everyone. See you bright and early on Monday!
(US markets are open monday - yippee)
You know I used to love weekends and dread Monday mornings - but since I've been trading, I now hate weekends and look forward to Mondays. How strange is that?

Happy Holiday :D

JillyB said:
Right everyone, I'm signing off for the holiday now.

Out tonight with friends for dinner. :cheesy:

Have a great Easter everyone. See you bright and early on Monday!
(US markets are open monday - yippee)
You know I used to love weekends and dread Monday mornings - but since I've been trading, I now hate weekends and look forward to Mondays. How strange is that?

Happy Holiday :D

Thanks Jill for an eye openingly simple strat !

Enjoy the break.

JillyB said:
Hmm, similar but not the same.

The 1-2-3 format can be triggered on the 4th candle where as with Darvas the box has to be confirmed with 5 candles as a minimum.

With Darvas the top is found first and as long as this isn't breached then the third candle can set the low of the box. If the low gets breached then it can be reset, as long as the top still holds. Any reset low is still counted as the 3rd candle so it needs another two candles after it before the full Darvas box is valid.

How do you setup the darvas ??
Is it possible for you to post some charts
Thanks
Rav

SCAM Alert

henrywaluyo said:
Today, Sold Cable at 1.7520

Target.1 at 1.7490
Target.2 at 1.7452

Hi, sorry.
Introduce me at :
http://henrywaluyo.blogspot.com

Scammer - selling forex scams . Shows a link to another Scam unregulated firm "Marketiva" - check Elitetrader.com for extensive threads on Marketiva and related warnings :(

Hi, anyone around today. It seems very quiet here.

Did anyone catch the rise on the Dow just now?
The Darvas box formed on the 5 min chart from the high at 11.10 candle and traded in a narrow range until it broke out at 12.15. It did a small reversal (and I saw it at this point and thought 'Shall I trade it?') however the reversal made me waver. And you know what they say - he who hesitates. :(

Still it's another trade to back up the theory.

Great rise on cable but I think everyone is still on their easter breaks!

I am not really trading will be watching at about 3 though as there is the TICS data coming out. Other than that having a nice break

Certainly wasn't expecting that today.

Lesson learnt - if the brokers are open, trade... regardless of the holidays!

hans123 started the week off well.
apart from a stop and reverse on the AM trade, both AM and PM trades brought in the MAX 120 pips each.

Any other forex intraday traders online right now....any plans for trading :cheesy:

trendie said:
hans123 started the week off well.
apart from a stop and reverse on the AM trade, both AM and PM trades brought in the MAX 120 pips each.

Hey trendie, can you shed some light on this trading plan of yours then please. I googled hans123 and it came back with a user in a forum called hans123.

Cheers