Best Thread Live Cable Trading

TheBramble said:
Big Trendie?

NOOOOOO!
since it is related to the US, it should have "Liberty", or some reference to "Reversal".
maybe "The 2pm Yank" ?

JonnyT,

how is it going with trading pullbacks into the main trend ?
my observations are that for the past few weeks, you would have been better off just diving in on reversals.
I have not been able to find decent pullbacks to trade.

JonnyT said:
Sorry Guys, I bit the bullet and start a new job this morning.

JonnyT - ex Trader

:eek:
this job is surely temporary, while you build up another pot, and re-evaluate your strategies from a detached perspective ?
or are you ditching trading for good ?

Sad to see JT go

but one things for sure trading never leaves you Im sure he will still take a look before he goes to work each day

I wish you and your family all the best JT

JonnyT said:

JonnyT - ex Trader

No shame in that at all JT..

bills are payed / no pressure.

You can take a break if you choose. Play a longer time frame if / when you are ready while working.

If trading has taught me nothing else... its shown me what a bloody mind job it can be in itself.. let alone with added pressures from bills / time / family etc..

GL mon

darktone said:
No shame in that at all JT..

bills are payed / no pressure.

You can take a break if you choose. Play a longer time frame if / when you are ready while working.

If trading has taught me nothing else... its shown me what a bloody mind job it can be in itself.. let alone with added pressures from bills / time / family etc..

GL mon

Agreed... absolutely no shame at all. More power to you for getting out while you're still solvent.

Good luck JT. I won't be far behind you.

Morning all,

Just quietly watching, trying to learn some. Still a newbie but glad be among the genuine people here. Hard to find genuine these days... down any street!

Thought you might be interested in what I found on me travels...

www.tradeology.com/pivotpoint.html

It's all FREEand INTERESTING. I'm trying to learn how to use his calculator using the formula he discribes... not there yet but I am getting the hang of it.

Maybe someone here will find it useful?

Cheers... Jon S.

Story of the day so far is the reported 7 bilion purchase of euros order ,which it appears is still in play
The order seems to be set against a sale of bullion ,both gold and silver
Cable seems to be used as an express euro at mom
Euro/Gbp at top of range 6875 of very ;long term trend lines which by my calcs converge mid/late April
If I may be so bold ,all cable dealers should monitor closely the Euro/Gbp rate over the next weeks (I am sure you all do, but its worth prompting )

mickandpete said:
Story of the day so far is the reported 7 bilion purchase of euros order ,which it appears is still in play
The order seems to be set against a sale of bullion ,both gold and silver
Cable seems to be used as an express euro at mom
Euro/Gbp at top of range 6875 of very ;long term trend lines which by my calcs converge mid/late April
If I may be so bold ,all cable dealers should monitor closely the Euro/Gbp rate over the next weeks (I am sure you all do, but its worth prompting )

Are you suggesting that this has 'artificially' supported the EUR then considering the news events in the next 2 days?

G-Man

Jt

JonnyT said:

JonnyT - ex Trader

Good luck JT - I think your honesty of approach will ensure you will live to fight another day.
keep your hand in part time like many of us and maybe go for it again when you feel ready.
Anyway - all the best. ;)

G-Man said:
Are you suggesting that this has 'artificially' supported the EUR then considering the news events in the next 2 days?

G-Man
Artifically ?? No not at all
One point that interests me is that, if the bullion sale is part of the same trade, the implied switch from dollars to Euro.This order is reported as German based ,so maybe not too much to read into.
It seems to me that some major movements in FX are not too far away.At the moment the market seems order/option driven with huge M&A deals and options driving or capping the market.
Sterling to me seems at the mercy of the 3 main currencies (USD EU JY). and as such will become more volatile first.
One thing that I cant shake off is the objection in the US to the Dubai Ports takeover from P&O of their ports.
The UAE is probably the most pro US Arab country and stratigically as its placed by the Straits of Hormuz very important to the US.IF the US senate veto the takeover on the basis of UAE being Arab, I dread to think what the less friendly Arab nations will do with their Petro dollars..
As such I tend to pick up on deals such as this.
With regard to this order I tend to think it underpins the Euro for the next few days however if it doesnt move the market the assumption must be that the US dollar can only strengthen.
Clear as mud eh???

not all that muddy M&P.

It's a very tricky situation for US. They are still trying to get a foot hold on a long term / secure none US oil supplier, with a lot of competition fron China, note; the Canadian Oil Sands / China contracts.
As such they need to keep as many options open as possible.
Don't envy the decision makers though, as no matter which way thet go they won't be popular.
But as you say, volatilty looks to be on the cards for all three majors.

Live the life U got!

trendie said:
NOOOOOO!
since it is related to the US, it should have "Liberty", or some reference to "Reversal".
maybe "The 2pm Yank" ?

Another good day for the 2pm Liberty Yank Reversal.....

Me thinks you can't wait until the candle is broken in the other direction before taking a trade though, too many pips go begging.

Maybe you'd be better off sorting the "wiggle" factor and trading it like a camarilla zone.....

'Ang on a mo - what have I missed?

It was destined to be a neutral day after all the buyers and sellers spent their bullets in the previous 2 days. So a return to the central 366/371 level was always on the cards for today.

Yes, there was a move up from the low of the Western trading day from 342 to a 'close' at central value, but you'd have had to have sat through a drop below the 14:00 level (at 16:05) to make it to the central value level for a max gain of 30 pips.

Not knocking this embryonic system at all - I think research and discussion is vital, but let's keep the 'here and now' in perspective. Would you really have traded it - tick by tick?

TheBramble said:
'Ang on a mo - what have I missed?

It was destined to be a neutral day after all the buyers and sellers spent their bullets in the previous 2 days. So a return to the central 366/371 level was always on the cards for today.

Yes, there was a move up from the low of the Western trading day from 342 to a 'close' at central value, but you'd have had to have sat through a drop below the 14:00 level (at 16:05) to make it to the central value level for a max gain of 30 pips.

Not knocking this embryonic system at all - I think research and discussion is vital, but let's keep the 'here and now' in perspective. Would you really have traded it - tick by tick?

No I wouldn't, but a zone approach say 20-30 pips around the low of the candle in question today would have giving you the breathing space to fire and forget.

A quick shufty over the dailies for the last few months makes it apparent that some days you can't tell what the direction of cable is.. so placing a contra trend trade would be nigh on impossible....... and so we are back to a discretionary system and that's where they always go t!ts up.